SASS Wire Forum

New Stoeger sxs

Flat Water Bob

I am looking to trade in my old sxs and my dealer said he is expecting several Stoeger, hammerless, single trigger shotguns. I have read of some problems with the trigger and misfires or double fires. What do you know about these new models?

I am looking to trade in my old sxs and my dealer said he is expecting several Stoeger, hammerless, single trigger shotguns. I have read of some problems with the trigger and misfires or double fires. What do you know about these new models?

The single trigger models do have a problem with the left barrel not firing. I have found that the spring that tensions the block that engages the trigger releases is too light, and sometimes it won't force the block under the notch in the left sear bar. Usually a stronger spring will cure the problem. Never had one that double fired tho. (Get the double trigger model!! Less problems. IMHO)

Al

Late model Stoegers don't have the problems that the older models did. They are NOT inertia dependent and will fire both barrels correctly just laying across your lap.

I have been shooting a Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme with single trigger for approx 3 years. No problems what-so-ever with trigger mechanism. After normal "Slicking up". the gun is a pleasure to shoot. I have 2 Stoegers, one single trigger and one double trigger. I much prefer the single trigger model.

RBK

Bob, If you haven't made a deal on your new Stoger yet, contact Goatneck Clem, down here in Texas. He is a Stoger and SKB gunsmith DE-Luxe! He can give you the ins and outs of either a single or double trigger from a gunsmith and a shooters perspective. He USUALLY has a few 'race ready Stogers or SKB's on hand. His prices are quite comparable to buying one and having to ship it to be slicked up and having it shipped back!

JMHO

Bob, If you haven't made a deal on your new Stoger yet, contact Goatneck Clem, down here in Texas. He is a Stoger and SKB gunsmith DE-Luxe! He can give you the ins and outs of either a single or double trigger from a gunsmith and a shooters perspective. He USUALLY has a few 'race ready Stogers or SKB's on hand. His prices are quite comparable to buying one and having to ship it to be slicked up and having it shipped back!

JMHO

+1 for Goatneck Clem

Archived