SASS Wire Forum

A question for veterans. Where can I get...

His ship would have been the BB-34 New York. LPD-21 is a new ship.

Link

Link

my bad, sorry bout that.

The Navy has a habit of giving the same names to ships in different generations... just to confuse us. ;)

Drives me crazy trying to research boats for the seagoing SASSvets sometimes.

The Navy has a habit of giving the same names to ships in different generations... just to confuse us. ;)

Drives me crazy trying to research boats for the seagoing SASSvets sometimes.

I spent a very, very short period of time in a maintenance unit when I came into the National Guard. While I was there, I ended up getting licensed for the M-109 version of the deuce and a half. We called them "contact trucks" they were essentially shop vans. On my military license, it listed M-35 and M-109 separately.

Guess what some idjit tried to get me to drive when I got into the Field Artillery? :wacko:

I spent a very, very short period of time in a maintenance unit when I came into the National Guard. While I was there, I ended up getting licensed for the M-109 version of the deuce and a half. We called them "contact trucks" they were essentially shop vans. On my military license, it listed M-35 and M-109 separately.

Guess what some idjit tried to get me to drive when I got into the Field Artillery? :wacko:

Har! Truck, SP Howitzer. What's the diff? :D

an M-50 Ontos?

Quite a guess! I think I've seen one in a museum display, but a bit before my time.

Har! Truck, SP Howitzer. What's the diff? :D

The idjit was an E-7 who wasn't licensed on the SP, hence wanting me to drive it to move it. I was an E-5. I had to take him to our maintenance shop to let them convince him there was more than one M-109 in the inventory. As I recall, it all happened because a humvee ambulance (M-997) is listed with different nomenclature than other humvees (M-998, etc...), and I pulled out my license to show him I was licensed for the ambulance.

A Deuce....M-109...how different can they be?!? :P:D:lol:

Archived