SASS Wire Forum

Price Check Please, Rossi Puma

Judge Lewis

My local gun shop has a Rossi Puma, .45 Cal, long oct. barrel. He is asking $525 for it and I get the impression that he is having trouble moving it and will dicker and do pretty good on trades for something that he can move. I need another gun like another hole in my head, but am tempted. How is the price? Thanks.

I paid close to that for a stainless carbine 45 colt. So look is ok deal to me the octagon barrel is nice.

My dealer cost on a blued one is $424.....Stainless is $452.If the one he has is blued,then he has a $100 markup.Depending on quantity he buys and who from,shipping can run $20-40 per rifle.He still has wiggle room to deal with,but not much especially if it's the Stainless model.Hope that helps some.

My local gun shop has a Rossi Puma, .45 Cal, long oct. barrel. He is asking $525 for it and I get the impression that he is having trouble moving it and will dicker and do pretty good on trades for something that he can move. I need another gun like another hole in my head, but am tempted. How is the price? Thanks.

Thats about going rate .

Its not a great deal .

But its not a bad deal ether .

I would offer him 500 cash out the door.

Thanks for the advice. This one is used and has the brass sides and a tang sight which looks to by a Lyman.

http://sdough.smugmug.com/Art/Just-For-Fun/i-6WHQXCw/0/M/gw3-M.jpg

R U talkin about somethin like this? I have had this for about 8-9 years. It is one hellofa tack driver. 24" oct. stainless bbl. I call it the Albatross, ugly she is but can break a clay at 80yds.

I like mine a lot.

curley

http://sdough.smugmug.com/Art/Just-For-Fun/i-6WHQXCw/0/M/gw3-M.jpg

R U talkin about somethin like this? I have had this for about 8-9 years. It is one hellofa tack driver. 24" oct. stainless bbl. I call it the Albatross, ugly she is but can break a clay at 80yds.

I like mine a lot.

curley

Curley: That looks like it except with a tang sight. Thanks.

I love the brass so I would say that is not a bad price.I have a 357 brass and love it.

I have had several...each better than the last. I sent to Steve Young in Texas and the darned things almost cock themselves. Sweet!

Archived