SASS Wire Forum

.44-40 are better six shooters than .45 colt

Jeanie and Samantha.......

I surmise that if someone handed you loaded pistols for a six-stage match that could either .45 Colt or .44WCF (only you were not told which they were) you would have a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly.

Same for loads in the field until you sent a few 300-grain Buffalo Bullets out of a .45 Colt into a wild boar and black bear.

I shoot .45 Colt revolvers and original .38WCF rifles to keep from mixing .44WCF brass (as other cowboys have mentioned).

Ginger :wub: with Maryann a really close second! :D oh and.....44-40 Rocks!

Rye

Ginger would've been great for a wild weekend, Mary Ann, for a life companion. I dated a lot of "Gingers", but married a "Mary Ann".

+1

It is really bad when you have to admit your own ignorance in your own thread.

I was fondling my virtual SSAs tonight. For the first time in a lot of years I noticed that they

have a small hole in the back side of the hammer. I can't for the life of me understand what it is for.

I do not load hot loads in any of my guns, but they are as sweet as a young maiden, when you squeeze one off.

I shoot 200 grain bullets and what a delight. Not a lot of kick, but just enough to tell you that you have business in

your hand.

Ginger would've been great for a wild weekend, Mary Ann, for a life companion. I dated a lot of "Gingers", but married a "Mary Ann".

Might consider a rubber when with Ginger... :D

GG

Archived