SASS Wire Forum

Oklahoma's State Championship - Ruckus in the Nations

Oklahomabound

OK, I'm in. It can be my retirement party too! I have only shot Gunfighter with cap guns once, but I will sign up for it as comic relief! Gotta figure out which pair to use though...

Registration form will go in the mail next week.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, J-Bar!

My check is in the mail.

I love saying that even when it is true.

Come to think of it, I shut down the 30th of June. I guess you could call it retirement and I haven't had a party either.

...this 'ere retirement cake iz gettin' larger by minute...

...gonna be quite a party Thursday night...

Pulp

I will be burning the last of my vacation days for Ruckus. After Ruckus I will be officially retired. I went and shot a monthly at ITSASS today. I was reminded that powder is needed under the ball. The ball stayed in the cylinder but was the last round to be fired from that revolver.

Buff Bill

...all this tawkin' of schedulin' and such came dangerously close to tawkin' ' bout w**k; which in these 'ere parts iz a 4-letter word. :)

...howsomever, since you be tawkin' 'bout schedulin' and such, it be 37 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds 'til "Ruckus in the Nations"....

OKB

Now would it be just a smidge over 37 days 22 hours till Ruckus?

Buff Bill

...time is just aflyin'!!! ...

...and we 'ave us an ITSASS Ruckus in the Nations Category of Frontiersman Gunfighter...

...probably have Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter as well...

...time is just aflyin'!!! ...

...and we 'ave us an ITSASS Ruckus in the Nations Category of Frontiersman Gunfighter...

...probably have Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter as well...

Ye Ha!!! Frontiersman Gunfighter. What could be better. I just checked and I should have enough balls to get me to Ruckus.

Ye Ha!!! Frontiersman Gunfighter. What could be better. I just checked and I should have enough balls to get me to Ruckus.

...i wuz just thinkin'... ....ponderin' a proper respnonse... ...and I ended up pokin' my mind's eye out... :)

...now whar wuz we???

Here's what the official time piece said:

36 days 0 hours 27 minutes 26 seconds
until
Ruckus in the Nations

...i wuz just thinkin'... ....ponderin' a proper respnonse... ...and I ended up pokin' my mind's eye out... :)

...now whar wuz we???

No need to poke your minds eye out. It is simple math count the number of shoots between now and Ruckus multiply by the number of stages per shoot. Then multiply by ten, the average number of revolver shots per stage. This will give you the Number of balls you need between now and Ruckus. Add another 120 Balls for Ruckus and this is the number of balls you need. It is just simple math to check your balls.

No need to poke your minds eye out. It is simple math count the number of shoots between now and Ruckus multiply by the number of stages per shoot. Then multiply by ten, the average number of revolver shots per stage. This will give you the Number of balls you need between now and Ruckus. Add another 120 Balls for Ruckus and this is the number of balls you need. It is just simple math to check your balls.

...plus side match balls too...

...and if'n we could 'ave a night shoot, then you'd need balls of fire!!! :)

...that night shoot thing is just in my mind as a what if... ...'cause John Zink Ranch don't want no folks out after sundown...

...but with 'nough Black Powder, them balls are balls of fire anyways.... :)

So far we have three Frontiersman Gunfighters that I know of. Frontiersman come on out and throw your balls gunfighter style.

Buff Bill

Dang...are you trying to knock me out of 3rd place??

...nuthin' better than a little competition... now if'n I can find a couple folks wantin' to shoot Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist (Senior Duelist + Frontier Cartridge Duelist = Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist that is...) - ain't the math simple...

I just love this:

...it's 32 days, 0 hours, 32 minutes, 32 seconds until "Ruckus in the Nations"

I shot my balls gunfighter style Saturday with my good pards at the Ozark Posse in Cassville MO. It wasn't pretty but all the rounds went down range.

...'tis always a good thing that all shot balls went down range... ...and practicin' for "Ruckus in the Nations" I see...

...'tis always a good thing that all shot balls went down range... ...and practicin' for "Ruckus in the Nations" I see...

I saw on another post that J-Bar was practicing with his balls this weekend as well. I haven't heard if Pulp has been playing with his balls like a Gunfighter.

Gunfighter Smoke Balls To The Wall.

Buff Bill

I saw on another post that J-Bar was practicing with his balls this weekend as well. I haven't heard if Pulp has been playing with his balls like a Gunfighter.

Gunfighter Smoke Balls To The Wall.

Buff Bill

...practicing for this retirement party,

...I retired 'cause I had eye disease... ...couldn't see goin' into w**k no more... :)

...and it is just 29 days until "Ruckus in the Nations"

...I guess this 'ere retirement party needs to include some fixin's as well... we got great pards, a tremendous shoot, side stages, great food;

...I guess whut's missin' is the ice cream and cake for Thursday evenin'... ...a retirement party needs somethin' like that...

I think you have another one for Seniro Frontier Cartrige Gun fighter BRJ

Now I see BBM is downplaying his skill.

He placed 4th out of 11 last Saturday but it was really better than that. He was just behind 3 pretty salty shooters.

J-Bar doesn't pay enough.

Do they assign posse's or do we sign up when we get there.

Entry did not have a place to put Posse with________ on it.

I normally don't care. But was wondering as there might be someone there I would like to shoot with.

Archived