SASS Wire Forum

Oklahoma's State Championship - Ruckus in the Nations

Oklahomabound

I am out here at Tall Chief Cove in the camper.

WITH NO AC. :angry:

It was working a few months ago.

It came on for about 10 minutes then went out.

Tried everything. Breakers, fuses. Won't even do fan only.

IT'S HOT.

Think I found someone in Skiatook to come out at 9:30 in the morning.

They say he is a retired heating and AC man.

hope he can fix it. And hope I got enough cash to pay him. :o

It's going to be a long night.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am out here at Tall Chief Cove in the camper.

WITH NO AC. :angry:

It was working a few months ago.

It came on for about 10 minutes then went out.

Tried everything. Breakers, fuses. Won't even do fan only.

IT'S HOT.

Think I found someone in Skiatook to come out at 9:30 in the morning.

They say he is a retired heating and AC man.

hope he can fix it. And hope I got enough cash to pay him. :o

It's going to be a long night.

AA,

If that guy does not fix it, you might try typing in your computer "Mobile RV Repair near Tulsa". I got several one being... http://www.tulsarvmobileservice.com/mobile/index.php

I had troubles with hydralics at Land Run a couple of years ago and got RV service at of north OKC. He was about an hour away and came right out to range and fixed in less than an hour. And, the service was.....Zinks.

bb

Thanks Bill's.

It finally got cool enough to go to sleep about 1 this morning.

That guy is to be here at 9:30. Tried to get him to come earlier as I would like to get on

out to the range.

But may be all day with this and never make it to the range.

Still trying to get there.

The first guy was a no show.

Called the one Billy posted.

They said they would be here before noon.

Will be late getting to the range today to get this taken care of.

But should be there later this afternoon and get set up. Hope to get to shoot a few sides also.

Get it fixed?

Billy Boots, I saw Anvil Al at the checkin, here at the fantastic Oklahoma State Championships!

He did get the AC workin! He is happy and ready to shoot and sell bullets.

Great. Good luck to you both Dee.

...well, we had rain Thursday late afternoon and evening---and it killed the heat, a cold front moved through and today, Friday, the weather was perfect, cloudy, a high of 70 degrees, for the 5 stages we shot...

...and tomorrow the promise is a high in the afternoon of 80 degrees, the low tonight is in the 50's....

...and yes, it is a great shoot.

...and it was a great shoot indeed! Tremendous pards and pardettes shooting, beautiful weather, well written stages, and good food so far!

...looking forward to the banquet tonight!

Yep another fun shoot is in the bag. I want to thank J-Bar
and Pulp for joining me in the now legendary Oklahoma Frontiersman Gunfighter Challenge
of 2013. Both J-Bar and Pulp stepped up to the firing line and dazzled all
around with their masterful skill as Frontiersman Gunfighters. I was truly honored
and privileged to get to shoot with them. I hope to shoot with them again soon.
Maybe next time I can hang on to my guns long enough to shoot the entire match.
You know there are those that have dropped a gun and those that will.

(Red Knee,you may want to stop reading this post now.)

Until the next time we shoot
together let your Smoky Balls fly true.

Buff Bill

BBM is too modest. Sometimes the best man does not win.

ITSASS put on a wonderful match, and my wife and I appreciate the terrific hospitality extended to us. Those of you who have not attended need to put this one on your list.

Thanks Catoosa Red...the retirement cake was delicious!! :D

We made it home about 10:00 PM, thanking the Lord for NO excitement on the trip home. One of the things I've learned through the years, "There's a lot to be said for boredom!" Especially when you're on the road. It was wonderful meeting all the great folks I've visited with here, and re-meeting some I haven't seen in years.

Thanks to Burly Bill and Catoosa Red for putting on a great match, and taking care of folks like me that are too dumb to pack suspenders! Thanks to Red and Brazos River Kid for sharing their guns with me during the team match. I didn't go to shoot, I went to watch. They wouldn't let me watch! That's Spirit of the Game.

And a very special Thank You to a certain welder in the area. You were a Godsend! If any of y'all in the Tulsa area need a welding job send me a PM and I'll give you his name and phone number. He is one to ride the river with!

Add my thanks to all who helped put this match together.
The stages were well set and the scenarios easily understood. (I laid in bed last night going 1, 2, 1, 2, 3.)

The Thursday night showers made for a beautiful day on Friday and not too hot on Saturday.

My thanks also to Catoosa Red for including me on the retirement cake. An unexpected and appreciated item. Did anyone notice that the 4 honored retirees were all black powder shooters? I'm not sure what the significance might be but I'm sure there was one.

As has been said before, put this one on your list.

Here's what the Kadashan Kid has to say:
\Well...If you haven't had enough shooting in the last few days we are going at it again Wednesday
9-25. Gunny has called and established a start time of 0931AM for the safety meeting and shoot shortly after. We are planning on shooting a full 6 stages. Come early but be prepared for all kinds of stories about Ruckus 2013. Don't believe everything you hear.

I know everybody is anxious for the scores from Ruckus but we have to wait until the Scorekeeper is released from the Oklahoma State Mental facility at Vinita. Seems his nerves were affected by this weekends activities.

Thanks to all the members of ITSASS for putting on a great shoot, again. Ruckus gets better and better every year.

Tonic & Little Rebel

Anvil Al

We missed you at the Awards banquet. You came in 2nd. I was in 3rd. The unfortunate part is that they called your name for a door prize of a Stoeger Coach gun. But you had to be present to win it.

Major Forsyth

Had not heard about the placing.

But did hear about the SG. DANG.

Wanted to go. But needed to get back so I could get some work done.

...we are going to have a couple of fund raising events to pull together the money to get the Kadashan Kid outa the crazy bin in Vinita...

...we're thinkin' 'bout 'avin' donkey races... ...a pie sale... ...a cake walk... ...and sellin' Osage County rocks wit smiley faces painted on 'em...

...we'll see if thar be any interest...

I have heard, that once you checkin, you can check out, but can never leave..... That may be a california thing, dont know. He seemed to be such a nice gentleman.... Sad. So Sad.

WOW!

WHAT A FANTASTIC SHOOT. WE HAD A TERRIFIC TIME, MET LOTS OF NEW FOLKS, FANTASTIC POSSE #8, AND AGAIN LOTS OF FUN STAGES.

WE WILL ATTEMPT TO RETURN FOR 2014 AND POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO GET SON AND HIS WIFE TO GET TO SHOOT RUCKUS AND HAVE A GOOD TIME AS WE DID.

TO ALL THE FOLKS WHOM PUT THIS SHOOT TOGETHER AND THE STAGES,BANQUET THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE. P.S. WE WILL DEFINITELY SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT OKLAHOMA'S RUCKUS IN THE NATIONS COWBOY SHOOT.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Peoria, Arizona

...so far, we've raised $1.97! ...at this rate it'll be a day or 3 to get the $3.00 we need to bribe the key keeper at the Vinita facility...

(I know it's a lot of money, but the Kadashan Kid is worth most of it)....

Had not heard about the placing.

But did hear about the SG. DANG.

Wanted to go. But needed to get back so I could get some work done.

Hey Anvil Al, I was waaaaay back in the banquet, but I think this is what went down on that shotgun.

Your name was called - You did not show up so they pulled another name out - I think it was one of the local workers/shooters.

Somewhere along the evenings announcements, he came back up and presented that shotgun to a young buckeroo, i think....

Pretty cool, if that is what happend. Maybe someone knows better.

OkD

PS: My Mom really enjoyed the day! Thanks.

Hey Anvil Al, I was waaaaay back in the banquet, but I think this is what went down on that shotgun.

Your name was called - You did not show up so they pulled another name out - I think it was one of the local workers/shooters.

Somewhere along the evenings announcements, he came back up and presented that shotgun to a young buckeroo, i think....

Pretty cool, if that is what happend. Maybe someone knows better.

OkD

PS: My Mom really enjoyed the day! Thanks.

Well in that case. I do not feel bad about not being there to get it.

Sounds like it went where it needed to go.

...my hats off to the parking folks... ...they did great gettin' all the vehicles in and out... ...and it ain't the most favorite job in the world either...

Mr. Al you were drawn for the shotgun, then they drew me LOL. I had the pleasure to run the timer for ComPete, this buckaroo shot a single shot 20 and never let up. He and I got to be good buds by the time the preshoot was over. I shoot 12 guage and i could not stand to see it set in my safe when a up and coming shooter could use it. Great little Buckaroo hope to get to shoot with him soon.

Mr. Al you were drawn for the shotgun, then they drew me LOL. I had the pleasure to run the timer for ComPete, this buckaroo shot a single shot 20 and never let up. He and I got to be good buds by the time the preshoot was over. I shoot 12 guage and i could not stand to see it set in my safe when a up and coming shooter could use it. Great little Buckaroo hope to get to shoot with him soon.

That is way kool, Cowboy! Well done.

OkD

That sounds great. That is where that SG need to go. Thank you for doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

...now it's time to start thinkin' 'bout next year's Ruckus in the Nations...

Archived