Championship

RUCKUS IN THE NATIONS

Will be September 19th -22nd, 2013

Match directors- Burly Bill 918.830.2036 & Catoosa Red 918.633.9591

Vendors –contact Events Coordinator – Stiff Finger Jim 918.510.8405

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so ya'll know, our Match Directors honor all SASS categories even if there is only one shooter in a category!

...and "write in" categories require 3 to be signed up... a "write in" category is like: Senior FCD or FCGunfighter...

...have I told you that the pards are great folks to ride the trail with and that the grub is tremendous and abundant!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130919T080002&p0=402&fg1=ff605a&fg2=9acd79&msg=Ruckus+in+the+Nations - This 'ere link iz to the countdown clock...

...did I say that ITSASS has been at its present location, Buzzard Gulch at Tulsa Red Castle Gun Club for 4 years now!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1013965_484862244927756_1476356555_n.jpg

Side Matches:

Big Bore Single Shot,
Big Bore Rifle Caliber Lever Action
Fastest Pistol Caliber Rifle,
Pistol,
Shotgun (’87, ’97, SXS & Hammered)
Pocket Pistol,
Derringer,
Gunfighter,
.22 Rifle,
.22 Pistol,
Trail Walk
...and maybe, if'n the stars align properly, a Smokin' Okie Surprise offerin'

Side Matches:

Big Bore Single Shot,
Big Bore Rifle Caliber Lever Action
Fastest Pistol Caliber Rifle,
Pistol,
Shotgun (’87, ’97, SXS & Hammered)
Pocket Pistol,
Derringer,
Gunfighter,
.22 Rifle,
.22 Pistol,
Trail Walk
...and maybe, if'n the stars align properly, a Smokin' Okie Surprise offerin'

Sounds like lots of fun. I may even practice between now and then.

...I really prefer the side matches... ...haven't gotten the chance to shoot them the last couple of years... I think that it's time to take the pocket pistol, derringer, and .22 rifle & pistol out and dust them off a bit meownself...

...and yes!!! ...it is just 63 days until "Ruckus in the Nations"

...did I tell ya'll that the food is really great at "Ruckus in the Nations"!!!

...and that the pards and pardettes are the best bunch of folks that you'll ever be 'round!!!

...and that it's only 58 days until "Ruckus in the Nations"!!!

My official retirement date is the Friday after Ruckus. But

with vacation days and unused sick days Ruckus will be my retirement party.

BBM

...well BBM!!! ...Congrats are in order to yourownself's upcoming retirement!!! ...and as you very well know, after the shootin' is over, Ruckus is the party; great food and pards; and now it be your retirement party!!!

Looking into going if'n I can vend.

...that be an easy check: just call:

Vendors –contact Events Coordinator – Stiff Finger Jim 918.510.8405

I am considering attending... sounds like a fun match. What is the latest you can register?

The signmeupform, #3 on this 'ere thread, says the following:

"Registration MUST be received by September 5th, 2013", must be sumthin 'bout gettin' food preps finalized and such...

The stars have aligned and I will be in attendance, again, at this event.

Miss Lorrie will be in Pennsylvania for a 3 week baby sitting chore.

I will be shooting: One eyed, Senior Elder Statesman, Traditional Frontiersman.

Well I guess my concern is of no concern...

...sigh.

Never mind even tho attendance would, I am sure and do believe, increase with the inclusion of WB.

Lone Dog

As just a club member I am sorry we don’t have a Wild Bunch side match connected with Ruckus. The reality is as a club we don’t normally shoot Wild Bunch. This being the case as far as I know we don’t have anyone qualified to conduct a quality well run Wild Bunch side match. Sorry I took a while to respond as I had hoped someone more qualified to speak for the club would see your post and respond.

BBM

Well I guess my concern is of no concern...

...sigh.

Never mind even tho attendance would, I am sure and do believe, increase with the inclusion of WB.

Thanks to BBM for wakin' me up.... ...actually Ms. Mary Matilda and I have been on the road quite a bit the last 2 weeks and me getting back to this 'ere thread has been hit and miss at best...

...now to your question regarding WB... We have a couple of folks qualified to teach and conduct WB matches as either a main match effort or side match... ...back a couple of years ago, we polled our folks regarding WB matches as side matches and their just wasn't much interest... ...so that's the reason for us not offering it at Ruckus in the Nations.

...there are several other side matches offered, and the trail walk is a particular favorite of mine...

Only 54 Days 11 hours till my retirement party.

...naw that ain't right!!!

...I went back an' counted 'em all over again, and it's 53 days until "Ruckus in the Nations"

Just under 52 days 15 hours till my retirement party Ruckus in the Nations. Nice of them to through a big shoot for my retirement party.

I'll have to make sure that the cake has enough candles on it...

...prayers up for Ms. Mary Matilda, she is to be at the Hospital at 0800 hours in the morning and will have knee replacement surgery around 1000 hours or so...

The stars have aligned and I will be in attendance, again, at this event.

Miss Lorrie will be in Pennsylvania for a 3 week baby sitting chore.

I will be shooting: One eyed, Senior Elder Statesman, Traditional Frontiersman.

All right just under 49 days 17 hours till my big retierment party Ruckus the Oklahoma State shoot. It looks like Noz will be at my party.

OKB how is Ms. Mary Matilda doing?

BBM

...the knee replacement surgery went very well! Her stay at hillcrest medical center was great--read good bunch of folks/caregivers. She got home this afternoon. We have the ice water circulating; staying ahead of the pain; and she is on the knee bending machine as I write this... I'll be giving her most of my attention for the next 4 to 6 weeks...

...BBM - did you get my PM regarding writing up a testimonial regarding Pursuit and sending it to Bill and Red?

...and yes Ruckus in the Nations is just around the corner!!!

Archived