SASS Wire Forum

Need loading info for 105 grain bullets in 38 and .357

Chisler Wood

Just recently bought some 105 gr TC bullets to try and I need some reloading advice. I have plenty of hp38/231 , VVn320, and Clays. I would prefer to use the vvn320 but am open to the other powders too. PM's of course. Thanks

Cw

Just recently bought some 105 gr TC bullets to try and I need some reloading advice. I have plenty of hp38/231 , VVn320, and Clays. I would prefer to use the vvn320 but am open to the other powders too. PM's of course. Thanks

Cw

I doubt you will get good feeding in your rifle from 38's loaded with 105 gr bullets, UNLESS of course you have had it smithed to feed those short bullets. I would recommend Clays powder at the mid load that Hodgdon shows for the 125 gr bullet in their Cowboy loads.

The crimp groove actually puts them longer than what I am currently using. So I believe that will work.

The 105 runs like a charm in my '73s. Well, except the 45.

Good crimp in the groove and you got it made.

Can we post loads on the site these days?

No but you can pm them to me.

I doubt you will get good feeding in your rifle from 38's loaded with 105 gr bullets, UNLESS of course you have had it smithed to feed those short bullets. I would recommend Clays powder at the mid load that Hodgdon shows for the 125 gr bullet in their Cowboy loads.

Some of the fastest rifle shooters in the world are shooting those and the 110gr. Which is just like the 105 except for a smaller lube groove.

They feed great in most peoples rifles.

I use the same load as the 125gr.

CW,clean out your PM file,it says you can't receive any messages,Thanks

Clean now. Sorry bout that.

Some of the fastest rifle shooters in the world are shooting those and the 110gr. Which is just like the 105 except for a smaller lube groove.

They feed great in most peoples rifles.

I use the same load as the 125gr.

I'm very well aware of this, but I'll bet most of those rifles are not stock, and have been specifically tuned to feed and fire those short rounds. Stock rifles that are 38 spl specific, well yes, but those that are chambered for 357 very seldom do well with those very short rounds.

RBK

Yes I'm running 357 in my rifle and 38s in the wife's. long story. Usually it's a tenth or two more is all.

Cw

Archived