SASS Wire Forum

Looking for pair of cimarron lightning's or Jr P's in 38 special

Looking to get young grand daughter outfitted with pistols. Thinking of Lightning or Jr P. Looking for Pair with action work done or where new can be obtained with action work done.

Thanks a buch, Cherokee Sam

Sam,

You'll be lucky if you can find these used.

For new guns, you might want to contact Jim Bowie (Cowboys and Indian Store) in Santa Ana, CA -- Google C & I or look in the Cowboy Chronicle for the phone number. They are a little hard to get on the telephone but keep calling between 1:00 to 5:00 pacific time.

One of the problems with these guns is the ejector is short and doesn't eject right. Jim replaces the stock ejector with one from a Ruger Single Six -- it works great. My wife has a set of these guns that she has been shooting since 2004. They are great guns, super accurate and perfect for people with small hands. Don't get the 3 1/2 inch barrels -- they are too short and accuracy is a problem. My wife has the 5 1/2 inch with no problems clearing the holsters. Some people prefer the 4 5/8 inch barrels. New ejector rod, action job and you are ready to go.

Although new may be a little more than you want to spend, you won't be sorry and you will always be able to pretty much get your money out of these guns.

Good luck, CK

Archived