SASS Wire Forum

the Wall Street Journal covers End of Trail!

The knock downs for the top Gun Shoot-off were a bit stiff, which is not at all inappropriate. A few folks got hits that failed to knock them down.

Always carry a "Trouble Box" for such circumstances.

Cheers,

FJT

Nice positive article.Didnt make us look like a bunch of kooks running around playing with guns. I'm glad they got a purty girl for the picture instead of one of us fat old guys!

Finally some good press!

CB

WSJ has done a few positive articles on CAS before this.

I was on the posse with Sage Chick and the reporter was focused on the ladies. No doubt that was the right angle for this story!

Hats tipped to Panhandle Cowgirl, Sage Chick, Holy Terror, Fowl Lady and Rowdy Bishop for a great job interviewing and composing themselves as the champions they are!

They made us all look good. :D

I too, was on this posse and thanks again Ladies for making us look good, as we are.

Ghost

I shoot with Sage Chick and her family on a regular basis at our local shoots, the whole family is a #1 Class act! WSJ couldn't have picked a better bunch of reps for our sport.

Rye ;)

I'm passing it around to a bunch of anti gun lefties today at lunch, we'll see what they say. To anyone else I've shown it to they were very positive and even expressed a desire to try it out. Great article!!!

Nice positive article.Didnt make us look like a bunch of kooks running around playing with guns. I'm glad they got a purty girl for the picture instead of one of us fat old guys!

That would be "SASS KICKER" in the photo.

Not only a purty young lady, but one of the nicest - fastest - straightest shooters you ever want to see.

I recall (more years ago than I care to think about), the WSJ did an article on a SASS shoot in Durango, Colorado. Again, coverage was great, albeit there was no Internet website for computer geeks to look at. It was on the front page of the Journal, photo in black & white!

The "wrong loads" Sage Chick was using in the shoot off were AA feather-lite shotgun shells. She shot one the shotgun knock-downs 3 times and it never did go down.

Although it is highly likely I at least partially missed it.......wouldn't be the first time......... :D

Glad our sport is getting some good coverage in the media! The more, the better!

The WSJ is the only honest print publication in the USA! :-( I attribute that to both it is for investment bankers and other financial types that would never allow editorializing in the news like the NY Times and, also, to the fact that many Dartmouth College aluni and alumna, former Dartmouth Review staffers are ensconsed in their HQ! :-)

That was a really nice write up.Hope SASS get more.

I recall (more years ago than I care to think about), the WSJ did an article on a SASS shoot in Durango, Colorado. Again, coverage was great, albeit there was no Internet website for computer geeks to look at. It was on the front page of the Journal, photo in black & white!

Ditto, Durango Kid's work. May he RIP.

Great Publicity for the sport, Savage Sam returned home to Australia and we can not even get the local paper to report on him. You certainly lead the way again we will just follow along slowly!!

Archived