SASS Wire Forum

Our area is experiencing a decline in interest in CAS

And just how can you make such a statement about 'most parts of the country?' Do you monitor every clubs websites and compare shooter numbers in published scores? And if so, why?

Dead horse here folks, was the last twelve times it came up in the last year too.

Hell, the last 10 years.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bart Solo,

You're right, I didn't mention Winter Range or Comin' At Cha or any other number of well run Cowboy Action matches that are doing well. We were talking about the organization as a whole. When the "World Championship" can't bring in as many shooters as regional championship, that should tell you something.

the wire rocks

2000 + hits

its like an election year

49% say this

51% say that

ignoring, was the question based upon SASS as a whole

or was the question based upon regions

or was the question based upon yer club

its no wonder 2000 + hits, but it is fun reading on a very hot afternoon

rock on mann

PS

aint it kind of funny admiting things sum times

CAS was started by baby boomers wanting to live in the days of black and white westerns, be it movies or tv

shooters now days appear to be following their thrend of black guns from

movies - tv - video games

and we wonder why, cas seems to have peaked

geeeeese

just support what is left

just encourage new shooters to try it

and lets go on from there

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I'm the TG for the club Cherokee Gambler is talking about. It is a very large club for sure with lots of other venues than SASS shooting.

He's correct about the dwindling numbers for our game.

As for me---I have not been able to shoot any of their shoots over the last 2 years.

But then I spent one of them in Afghanistan and the other in the Wounded Warrior outfit at Ft Riley---Okay, that's MY excuse.

But I am going to shoot there this weekend and bringing a new shooter with me.

Mustang Gregg

TG for ENGC

As an outsider looking in I can see a steady decline in shooters in most parts of the country,yes some of the bigger matches draw larger numbers ,that is due to many smaller clubs folding .

SASS has grown and peaked and now is on a decline .When I attend the large events it is startling to see so many seniors in the ranks of shooters.SASS is now dominated by very young shooters that alone is a problem they have no money and as they mature school and relationships start to consume their lives.Vendors are declining and the major firearms manufacturers are moving away from the sport.

I work for one of these companies and this is what we are seeing. I hope this helps and I do hope SASS survives.

TT

Just where do you get your information?

Bart Solo,

You're right, I didn't mention Winter Range or Comin' At Cha or any other number of well run Cowboy Action matches that are doing well. We were talking about the organization as a whole. When the "World Championship" can't bring in as many shooters as regional championship, that should tell you something.

Please name the regional that had more shooters than EOT had.

My question is why hasn't there been any CAS guys on Top Shot in the last 3 years. TS is supposed to have the worlds best of all types of shooters competing but none have been from CAS. Lead Dispenser was on it a couple of times to instruct on how to use a single action. Maybe the rest of the shooting sports don't take us very serious so will not cross over.

The first two seasons had one mounted shooter each that didn't do so well even with a SA.

Seems to me we do need more promotions on the BIG SCREEN for SASS to grow. Now we don't even have The Cowboys on TV

It is a problem in our area there are two clubs that are really down in attendance. Just because the big matches EOT WR still bring in the shooters that doesn't help the local clubs. There annual shoots are also way down. In the Houston area there are a lot less CAS than there was 5-10 years ago. And we have quite a few people.

Yes in some cases it is how the club is run.

My question is why hasn't there been any CAS guys on Top Shot in the last 3 years.

Yes in some cases it is how the club is run.

because it (top shot) has become a military (pro) show

just the view from my saddle

back to black gun experts fer lack of a better term

I don't think so

Yes Season One was won
by a Ex Military Brit.

Season two won by a
non Military

We can say that we knew Chris Reed before he was famous. In
2009, Reed competed in the Total Outdoorsman Challenge finals for the first
time, and made a name for himself with a second-place finish. He returned to the
TOC in 2010, and looked like the favorite to win for a while...only to finish
second again, barely losing to champ Chad Weatherford.

But, if we learned anything about Reed after both of his near-victories
in the TOC, it’s that he doesn’t quit and the guy can flat out shoot—attributes
that were on display last night when Reed fired his way to fame and first place
(and $100,000) during the finale of the History Channel's
Top Shot. We
spoke with the marksman of the minute this morning to talk about his big win—and
his chances at continuing his winning streak in the 2011 Total Outdoorsman
Challenge.

Season three won by a
non competitive shooter.

When the smoke cleared
and the targets were all shot, Dustin emerged as the winner of Top Shot. The
young Christian Camp leader who had no official shooting resume had defeated 15
people made up of military, law enforcement and competitive shooters, including
world champion revolver champion Cliff Walsh and Pistol grandmaster Mike
Hughes.

So we don't have any
ex Military or LEOs in CAS

ex military

ex law enforcement

even current for both, seem to dominate the starting line up

that is what I ment to git across

besides, the trend iN cas appears to be big-fast-close

top shot is any THING BUT THAT

And besides that

it is a casting call about personalities, to achieve the results they are hopeing for

drama, in most cases, not just the top shot

ooops

top shot putting up with drama

I stand corrected

yes cas has mil and leo's

they are not the majority of the base shooters, is my simple point

There seems to be a question about the numbers in SASS. Well there shouldn't be, because they were published on the wire this year. As of 01-11-13, they stood at this.

LIFE 7314

Endowment 106

Honorary 27

Annual 24,986

Total 32,443

Total Badges Issued 99074

Actual payed up membership was less than 1/3 of the number of Badges issued to date.

For the relatively short age of the game, I'm not sure this speaks well for member retention.

RBK

In our area, the Texas Panhandle, participation is WAY down. We now have two clubs in the Amarillo area, plus one (non-SASS-affiliated) about 50 miles northeast and another one about 70 miles south. If you go to either Amarillo club for the most part you will see the same folks. Might see one or two at one and not the other and vice versa. When the second club formed a couple of years ago I was worried that two clubs drawing from the same market would dilute participation. I haven't seen that. The biggest problem in our area is we lose more shooters than we gain. Times are tough. Ammo and components are sometimes difficult to obtain and cost more. Fuel costs more. EVERYTHING costs more. Does that explain what is happening? I don't know. I do know we once had 20-30 shooters per match. Now we are lucky if we get 18, and sometimes a dozen is cause for celebration.

I thought Wild Bunch would take off like a prairie wildfire, but that's not the case. I thought we could use Wild Bunch to recruit CAS shooters. Hasn't happened. We need to market ourselves better, obviously, but that's difficult. Only one gun shop, Longhunter's, actively promotes CAS and WB. The others just don't see the numbers to justify stocking cowboy guns. More money in top-of-the-line shotguns and the black guns it seems.

Without strong local clubs we will see a decline in the big matches. It may take some time for that to happen, but it will. I do hope you are wrong, Bother King, about sponsorships of shooters. Wen we have "professional" shooters, who shoot for money, I and and a lot of other folks will be done with SASS.

Maybe I'm missing something in the translation, maybe not. When I go to a match I go for the shooting and I always dress the part even when it's triple digit heat, and I love the people I shoot with. I try to shoot four matches a month, sometimes more. I'll never win, I won one match one time and that's because I shot clean and all the others had to reload. A large percentage of the pards I shoot with could care less about winning, they are there for the fun and friendship. My nephew, who used to be a committed trap shooter has bitten by the CAS bug and it looks like he may bring other family members along, and I hope he does. Does SASS need to find some way to reach out to younger shooters, more racially diverse members? You bet they do. If someone becomes a sponsored shooter good for them. Evil Roy, Lead Dispenser, Holy Terror and others probably aren't letting ammo companies and others use their pictures for free so to a degree they are sponsored. IMHO of course, yours may differ.

Now I have not been associated with SASS nearly as long as the rest of you, but I really don't see the alarm bells that others have mentioned. We need to continue to reach out to others, be ambassadors to the sport, and invite people along. One thing that has changed a lot is shooting sports in general. 20 years ago, other than shooting clays, there are not a lot of competition sports available in the shooting world. Now there are things for just about whatever flavor of shooting "trips someone's trigger." Overall, more people are shooting in general, and some of us shoot in more than one discipline.

Now, I want to continue to see SASS grow, but one thing I will say is that even among non-shooters we are perceived very positively, and that plays well for the long term survival of the sport. Other disciplines are sometimes looked at by outsiders in a negative fashion. I am not going to throw stones at any shooting because any range time is good time as long as you are having fun and improving your skills.

As far as the lack of pros, I think that makes it less intimidating and more inviting for new shooters. That is one of the reasons that I personally don't shoot the big USPSA matches. The fun factor gores down quickly for me when you are surrounded by super competitive people who are more interested in winning that fun, but to each his own. We need to emphasive the fun in our sport as we invite new users, and make them feel welcome no matter what their skills are (like I experienced), and people will keep coming back. I have never seen more smiles than I have seen at a cowboy match, even when someone is performing bad.

i am starting to ramble and not make sense, so I will shut up for now. :)

I read or hear this from time to time; is it really true? My home club has an IDPA chapter that draws more shooters than our cowboy matches. There are other clubs in my area that offer IDPA or USPSA; they don't seem to be hurting at all.

Maybe it's not the shooting discipline, but rather the quality of those running the club...?

There are other variables here.

Cheers!!!

Phantom

"Quality of those running the club" is NOT an issue with the Greenville Gunfighters. I drive 6 hours one way to shoot with them 3 times a year & look forward to every trip. I would shoot there more often if gas wasn't $3.50 per gallon. There are folks who drive 3 hours one way EVERY MONTH to shoot there...sometimes twice a month if they have a Wild Bunch match. They run new shooter clinics & have practice bays for cowboy shooters. They do everything they can to welcome visitors & new shooters.

You won't find a better group of people in this sport than the Greenville Gunfighters.

Holler

Bart Solo,

Boggus Deal... I'm not sure which Regional is bringing in more shooters than EOT... Please explain further. Do you think that the Location of EOT has anything to do with the attendance?

Boggus Deal... I'm not sure which Regional is bringing in more shooters than EOT... Please explain further. Do you think that the Location of EOT has anything to do with the attendance?

YES.

More so because of the dust, and dirt devils than actual location that keeps some away.

I know a few that it HAS kept them from going. Or at least from going as many times as

they would have.

EOT being in the same place each year to me, make it much easier to plan for

when I was into speed water ski racing, the world championship moved to a different place each year, it even moved to far far far away countrys,

SASS has worked very hard to locate in an area with an airport, central as possible due to land prices and so on at the time

they then carved out a pretty decent range, and built a western themed town, they make annual improvments on both the ranch and End of Trail, each and every year:::: so folks that complain about a few hundred miles to far, or dust devils, etc, probably do not really wish to attend in the first place

SASS is holding its own in my opinion, the CC has been printing around 30,000 each month for many many years.

It is a combination of both SASS its clubs and members to get the word out about what we do, and how we do it. Actually Members can and do, do the bulk of the maintaining of members, and there is nothing wrong with that

Let us all agree to carry the water in what every large or small way that we can to keep the western shooting theme alive and well

Mike,

For some of us a few hundred extra miles equals several hundred dollars of fuel. Factor in 2 extra vacation days just for travel and it becomes an event we can't attend annually. I am trying to make it semi-annually as it is the world championships and it is a fun event which is just getting better.

As far as my opinion on land prices, the blowing dirt and lack of water, I don't think they thought the whole thing through. And calling it centrally located is a miss.

Frankly, if your club's experiencing a diminishing membership, there can be several factors... one of which is age. None of us is getting younger... and just like the general population, what're you doin' to replace yourself? If you're not actively seeking new shooters, you're not doin' your bit. Sure thing, you can grouse about it on the Wire, expect others to haul your portion of the load, but that doesn't get the job done.

If you're lookin' for suggestions on how to better market your venue, ask that. If you're lookin' to justify the fact that you're not doin' anything to increase your shooter base, you're off base.

And I ain't bein' more critical of anyone else than I am of myself; I have the same issue, my son, who grew up cowboy shootin', is more interested in 3-Gun than cowboy action. Gets more excited about their matches and more depressed when they don't have one or he has to miss one. I, myself have to work hard or get lucky to attend any match, or I have to miss a week to 10 days of work to attend one... so I can't exactly point fingers. But, one needs to only look in the mirror to see who's at fault.

I find it amusing how difficult it is for me to convey what I'm thinking by written format. Apparently y'all are shooting other sports that have money involved where the amount is actually significant enough that someone might be able to live in an actual house and eat real food. Their vehicle must be powered by solar.

What I'm saying is that because of the design of this format in SASS there literally IS NO MONEY. ... for anyone. And no money means no sponsorships, etc. You only imagine that it's different because black guns have huge sponsors. When the reality is so different.... there are barely any competitive shooters, but many of them ARE sponsored because they get air time, mag time, etc. etc. SASS shooters don't...and it's ludicrous, but a system that precludes it even though the numbers are double, triple and even 5x's. You can argue that they're not, but that would be an opinion or a feeling...not a fact.

Griff's son is shooting 3 gun...so is mine. Mine were raised in sporting clays- 2 state champs... but neither shoots sporting anymore. Yes, they're busy with careers and family and that's what happens. We know that... it's not a reason.

Neither is the location of the facility. If that were so or the nice-ness of the facililty were the determining factor then the US OPEN would be the largest and premier event in the USA. WR is famous for nasty winter weather in ....PHOENIX...and Edgewood NM has nothing... including enough water for the last 7 years to keep the dust on the ground. Someone please raise your hand that has been to a shooting range in the middle of a big city with a huge airport and hotels/ motels all within a mile that has beautiful scenery and perfect camping? Puhhhhleeeeeze.....

Rather than seeing monsters under the bed whenever someone says "money" it might help if you open your mind just enough to let in the idea that a bigger pie means better things for everyone involved. It doesn't have to be all rotten eggs just because you believe in monsters.

I find it amusing how difficult it is for me to convey what I'm thinking by written format. Apparently y'all are shooting other sports that have money involved where the amount is actually significant enough that someone might be able to live in an actual house and eat real food. Their vehicle must be powered by solar.

What I'm saying is that because of the design of this format in SASS there literally IS NO MONEY. ... for anyone. And no money means no sponsorships, etc. You only imagine that it's different because black guns have huge sponsors. When the reality is so different.... there are barely any competitive shooters, but many of them ARE sponsored because they get air time, mag time, etc. etc. SASS shooters don't...and it's ludicrous, but a system that precludes it even though the numbers are double, triple and even 5x's. You can argue that they're not, but that would be an opinion or a feeling...not a fact.

Griff's son is shooting 3 gun...so is mine. Mine were raised in sporting clays- 2 state champs... but neither shoots sporting anymore. Yes, they're busy with careers and family and that's what happens. We know that... it's not a reason.

Neither is the location of the facility. If that were so or the nice-ness of the facililty were the determining factor then the US OPEN would be the largest and premier event in the USA. WR is famous for nasty winter weather in ....PHOENIX...and Edgewood NM has nothing... including enough water for the last 7 years to keep the dust on the ground. Someone please raise your hand that has been to a shooting range in the middle of a big city with a huge airport and hotels/ motels all within a mile that has beautiful scenery and perfect camping? Puhhhhleeeeeze.....

Rather than seeing monsters under the bed whenever someone says "money" it might help if you open your mind just enough to let in the idea that a bigger pie means better things for everyone involved. It doesn't have to be all rotten eggs just because you believe in monsters.

I see your point, but who is going to sponsor CAS shooters? Ruger, Colt, Uberti? The clubs holding the matches? The rest of the shooters? I don't think there's any money in it. According to all the gun writers, etc. black guns are the most popular firearms in the country. I expect that the sale of Ruger and S&W ARs alone over the last few years would bear that out. With the possible exception of Ruger single actions, I think that CAS style firearms sales are declining for various reasons.

Mike,

For some of us a few hundred extra miles equals several hundred dollars of fuel. Factor in 2 extra vacation days just for travel and it becomes an event we can't attend annually. I am trying to make it semi-annually as it is the world championships and it is a fun event which is just getting better.

As far as my opinion on land prices, the blowing dirt and lack of water, I don't think they thought the whole thing through. And calling it centrally located is a miss.

+1

They got sold a pig in a poke.

From location, to water rights, to baby powder dust.

Yes. They are making the best they can out of it.

But between the drive, fuel, dust. It is NOT on the do not miss list.

Like Possum. It might be a every other year thing.

We don't get young people because of the start up cost it takes to be competitive. About 3000 dollars. Remember I said Competitive.

As an outsider looking in I can see a steady decline in shooters in most parts of the country,yes some of the bigger matches draw larger numbers ,that is due to many smaller clubs folding .

SASS has grown and peaked and now is on a decline .When I attend the large events it is startling to see so many seniors in the ranks of shooters.SASS is now dominated by very young shooters that alone is a problem they have no money and as they mature school and relationships start to consume their lives.Vendors are declining and the major firearms manufacturers are moving away from the sport.

I work for one of these companies and this is what we are seeing. I hope this helps and I do hope SASS survives.

TT

As an outsider, whatever your looking through must be pretty foggy,...."Decline in shooters in most parts of the country"....where did you come up with this? Many smaller clubs folding....really, where are the many? SASS has grown, peaked and now is on a decline....where did this info come from? You are startled to see so many seniors in the ranks of SASS yet you believe it is now dominated by broke young shooters???? That makes no sense whatsoever....I was at EOT and the young shooters I know looked like what was consuming their lives is shooting. Im not sure I have seen any young shooters have to finance their shooting, Dad usually takes care of it....happily I might add. I know one major firearms manufacturer who is not moving away from the sport because they are in the process of bulding a 100,000 sq ft facility just for the sport...Others moving away....Who? This company you work for where you are seeing this demise of the sport, who might that be? Inquiring minds would like to know these things....

my point is

world championship of CAS is held in the same place each year

making it simpler to plan a trip, instead of in germany this year, down under next year, west coast usa the following, maybe france, then west coast usa etc

land prices were probably high when they were looking for the perfect location, that would be a limiting factor

airport was important etc

I still say if a shooter really wants something bad enough, that they will find a way

instead of finding minute reasons NOt to do something

move the shoot x amount of miles one way, will affect things both ways

billy the kidd country just happens to be where it is

go or dont go, that is the decision everyone must make on their own

thats all I am saying

What town is dead center of the united states?

It is pinpointed by a historical marker that is located within a small park near the town of Lebanon, Kansas.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lebanon-Kansas.html

is that where founders ranch should be?

I guess we can simply agree to disagree

but we can both support and encourage others towards cowboy action shooting

no matter where the world championship shoot is held

I'm a retired marketing guy, and I look at both the existence and the future of associations like SASS and activities like CAS through the eyes of demographics (who the member [shooter] is, where they live, what they own, income levels, etc.) and psychographics (what the shooter does, how they participate, what motivates them to participate, how often they participate, etc.). I'd venture a guess that the median age of CAS shooters is somewhere between 60-65 years of age (I'm 72). I agree with Fillmore that a major stimulus for CAS interest comes from a nostalgic influence by which our generation is more driven. I agree with Snakebite that it's pretty much an "old farts" game, and I agree with his view that the "old farts" must keep it going. Having said that, it is critical that CAS in general, and SASS in particular lets its members grow THROUGH the organization(s), and and not up WITH it. This ideal speaks to the need to influence young members to join. Unfortunately, however, the cost of entry, and on-going cost of participation is reasonably great and most young folks in the 30-35 year median age category, with young families and related expenses, find it difficult to participate in CAS in today's economy. Further, taking time away from young families (children still at home) on a weekend raises another conflict for this 30-35 median age category. So this drives us to seek new members in our median age (60-65). The conflict here, and the main barrier to entry resides in both the cultural influence (today's popular - or should I say "non popular" gun issues), and evolution: time makes us move further away from the wild west influence Fillmore referred to, and the digital era and contemporary hobbies influence us and pull us in many other directions. CAS will only survive if all of us do our part to introduce new (not necessarily "young") folks to the sport.

To the specific topic question: I've not seen a decline in attendance at the two local clubs where I (and Fillmore and Snakebite) shoot - but maybe that's just a Central California phenomena. I do think we've all been impacted by the supply of powder and primers, but I think that is improving. RR

I'm a retired marketing guy, and I look at both the existence and the future of associations like SASS and activities like CAS through the eyes of demographics (who the member [shooter] is, where they live, what they own, income levels, etc.) and psychographics (what the shooter does, how they participate, what motivates them to participate, how often they participate, etc.). I'd venture a guess that the median age of CAS shooters is somewhere between 60-65 years of age (I'm 72). I agree with Fillmore that a major stimulus for CAS interest comes from a nostalgic influence by which our generation is more driven. I agree with Snakebite that it's pretty much an "old farts" game, and I agree with his view that the "old farts" must keep it going. Having said that, it is critical that CAS in general, and SASS in particular lets its members grow THROUGH the organization(s), and and not up WITH it. This ideal speaks to the need to influence young members to join. Unfortunately, however, the cost of entry, and on-going cost of participation is reasonably great and most young folks in the 30-35 year median age category, with young families and related expenses, find it difficult to participate in CAS in today's economy. Further, taking time away from young families (children still at home) on a weekend raises another conflict for this 30-35 median age category. So this drives us to seek new members in our median age (60-65). The conflict here, and the main barrier to entry resides in both the cultural influence (today's popular - or should I say "non popular" gun issues), and evolution: time makes us move further away from the wild west influence Fillmore referred to, and the digital era and contemporary hobbies influence us and pull us in many other directions. CAS will only survive if all of us do our part to introduce new (not necessarily "young") folks to the sport.

To the specific topic question: I've not seen a decline in attendance at the two local clubs where I (and Fillmore and Snakebite) shoot - but maybe that's just a Central California phenomena. I do think we've all been impacted by the supply of powder and primers, but I think that is improving. RR

Very good post and it shows your professionalism.

I can only add one observation. A 30's shooter today is surrounded by shooters that average 30 years older. In comparison, that would make the average today's SASS shooter of 60+ years old competing with a 90+ year old. I think the bordom would set in after you thumped them for the upteenth time w/o meaningful competition, until the world or national championship came along.

Here's about 2¢ worth from an old fart who started and ran a club for 5 1/2 years. 1. Advertise, Advertise, Advertise. This area is booming due to oil and it's expected to continue for many years to come. Consequently there is lots of expendible cash for folks to buy toys. There are literally thousands of new people who have moved here for jobs. Yet very few of them know anything about SASS, or even that there is a local club here.

Many gun show promoters in this area will let a local club have a free table. Get a 13" TV with a built in DVR and take it to the gun show and show SASS videos. Have guns and leather, costumes & hats & spurs on display. Have color flyers & posters printed up to hand out. Volunteer club members acn work the table for a few hours and gain free admission to the gun show.

If you run a newspaper ad make sure it's in the sports section instead of the Classified so it has a better chance of being seen by the most people. TV is expensive but you can get occasional free publicity. Our December match is a Toys for Tots match. One new unrapped valued @ a min of $15 toy is the match entry fee. One year we gave a life vest for one of the police officers who was a member of our club and another year we provided funds toward one of the smoke vision camers that the FD uses in finding victims in a burning building. Every time we had at least one of the TV crews cover the presentation. Another time we challenged a local sports caster to compete in a match. The guy had experience with hunting rifles and shotguns but none with handguns, so we had to do a little training. It was shown on the 6 & 10 pm news with contact info.

2. Keep your props freshly painted and good looking. Have periodic work days to build new & refresh old props. Offer any member who comes out and works a day or a half a day a free lunc & a free shoot.

3. Keep your stages fun interesting and challenging. Not eveyone likes run & gun stages so an even mixture is best. Offer something for everyone.

4. Keep your club website updated with fresh pics & club news. Clear out your old news & for sale items.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone that is new to SASS, even with the ammo difficulties, maybe I can give some perspective as a newbee to the more experienced clubs. Before I took the plunge, I was always interested because of my love of Old West history, but the initial gear costs were a little scary, so i watched a few matches first at a couple of different locations, and I observed both sides, a growing club, and a stagnant club. One club appeared to be kind of "clickish," with obvious groups of friends hanging together, and the new people who were there to shoot were just kind of hanging around by themselves, looking like they were having fun, but also looking a little confused and alone. The other group was like one big family, cheering each other on, and nearly grabbing new people to drag them into conversations and checking out each others' gear. I will let you guess which group is adding shooters and which is stagnant.

Personally, when I shoot with the same people each week, it is easy for me to gravitate toward my friends, but it is a good reminder that all SASS shooters are friends and the survival of the sport requires us all to be ambassadors.

Please don't take this as a criticism of any group, but just a friendly reminder of how a newcomer sometimes feels and it may impact whether they come back or give up, especially when they are confused and slow. As far as other people drifting away, I have no idea.

This hits home, my wife and I are new and trying to attend our first meet just to observe here in PA. I have written to 2 different clubs, 2 times each, just simple questions like is there a campsite close by, I have not gotten a response from anyone at any club, not sure now what to do.

This hits home, my wife and I are new and trying to attend our first meet just to observe here in PA. I have written to 2 different clubs, 2 times each, just simple questions like is there a campsite close by, I have not gotten a response from anyone at any club, not sure now what to do.

Many clubs are run by people who are not the most technically inclined individuals around. Please don't take the non response as a snub. They may not even know your email exists until they start planning their next big shoot and start checking it more often.

If their telephone number is listed on the website, pick up the phone and call. You will find a friendly person that will answer your questions and welcome you in.

And if you are ever in Las Vegas, stop in a play with us.

And if you don't have your guns with you, let us know that your coming and we will line up some loaners for ya!

Archived