SASS Wire Forum

Who are you?

This is GREAT! C'mon, the rest o' ya, show yer mugs!

The closest thing I can find to me smiling. Must have been a couple years back, cuz I'm not totally gray yet!

Wolverine's daddy! :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing Fannie Kickenshoot, I thought all was fair, but I guessed wrong. Didn't want to get banned from the Wire for posting flicks of Cowgirls not wearing guns, though I must say she had some pretty BIG GUNS in my book. Just sayin'

Jake

Hey Grizz,

In post #44, the first pic of Calico Mary, is the fella next to her a guy by the name of Tutler?

Wyatt

Well first off, that is Complicated Lady and her man, can't place his handle at the moment. They are from down Texas way.

Joe, is that your cannon?

Yea Joe, who made that bad boy? Have a friend that builds them.

That is a 3 Inch Ordnance Rifle, fully rifled, owned by one of the guys in the unit I reenact with. I spent about 6 years hauling it around, doing the care and feeding of it, learning as much as I could. Due to personal circumstances, and hauling it 6 or 7 hours to events, plus the cleaning, painting, etc. I've given it up for a while. Had someone else haul it to an event last year and she was amazed at how much longer the drive is (CA limits vehicles pulling trailers to 55 mph), and how much more work it is driving pulling something like that. Someone else showed the insufficient reluctance unit spirit to volunteer to care for it for a while.

It was made in 2005 by Steen Cannon Works, Ashland KY. Weird thing is, the guy who owns it HATES camping. A city boy from New York City (NEW YORK CITY!!!!!) who only camps because he needs to so he can play being an officer and fire his cannon.

Done a little live fire with it. Some with manufactured projectiles of appropriate types, some attempts at improvised munitions such as cans partially filled with lead (thought that the can might flare a bit and grip the rifling) or with cement (that seemed to just powder when the piece was discharged).

Good story. One time at a live fire, last shot of the day. One of the people who was just there watching and chatting had been a cannon cocker in WWII. There was one target up on the hill that no one had hit, maybe about 400 yards out. Single figure. I dug down under the trail a bit and lowered the elevating screw as much as I could (Hey, it was only 400 yards and uphill!). I laid that thing carefully. Invited the gentleman over and handed him the lanyard. He smiled and got a kind of far away look. I went over the commands with him. I shouted "FIRE!" and he gave a smart jerk to the lanyard. That target EXPLODED! The 9.2 pound projectile, sent on its way by 1 lb of Cannon grade GOEX hit right at the base of the metal fence post (the cheap kind, with the wings for stepping on). The cardboard target disintegrated is a spray of dust that make it look like an exploding shell. He damned near split his face with his grin, came over hugged me, picked me up. It was great.

When we got up to it, the biggest piece of cardboard was about 4" x 9", the fence post was bent into a J and driven into a tree.

Guest Milo Talon SASS #23163

Tutler.Have not heard that name in many years.Was at End of Trail in Norco when he won it.Must have been 91 or 92.Memory is not that good anymore.

I seem to recall that CL's husband is Petticoat Chaser or something like that.

I used to shoot with Tutler for 10+ years at Coto de Caza and Norco for a while. I haven't seen him in a long time.

Jake

Okay I guess I need to clarify...

the first picture Grizz posted of me is with Hawkshaw Fred. He lives near Ft Worth. We shoot at a lot of the same clubs.

My husband's alias is Petticoat Chaser. I will post a picture of us when we get home from Kentucky.

Here are three pictures of me spanning about 18 months. All of them are unaltered, no hair color, no perms, nothing artificial.

January 2012

October 2012 with my brother

About three months ago working on a sewing project

After I was first introduced to my future mother-in-law, my future wife (now known as SWMBO), told me that her Mom said "He looks like a fella who means it".

Here are three pictures of me spanning about 18 months. All of them are unaltered, no hair color, no perms, nothing artificial.

January 2012

Lookin good Chris! :)

January 2012

:)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, I got a few loaded in photobucket.

Camping in the Hocking Hills in Ohio:

IMG_0614.jpg

Getting ready to go on the paintball field:

Picture_046.jpg

Picture with members of my paintball team, the "Chairborne Rangers." Five of the Six shown are vets, Four of us have combat patches, and the guy with the sunglasses next to me has two combat jumps under his belt as a Ranger, and one partial parachute failure...

IMG_0182.jpg

Nope, I ain't jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. When I was young I wanted to try it, but thankfully I grew out of that.

Nice pics.

Nothing is perfect.;)

1 I am a Follower of Jesus Christ

2 I am a Husband

3 I am a Dad

4 I am a Grand Dad

5 I am a self Imp Bis Owner

6 I am a Cowboy Action Shooter

8 I am a Bounty hunter

9 I am a NRA life member

10 I am a CPL Range Officer

ronandbike_zps72b0d91b.jpg

I am a Proud AMERICAN :)

It would be a tough choice, shoot or....

moab2012.jpg

Glad when I can find time to do either.

SS

Dang...I tried to post a pic and got the message, "Sorry. You've posted more images than you're allowed to." The crazy thing is...I haven't posted any images. What am I doing wrong?

Dang...I tried to post a pic and got the message, "Sorry. You've posted more images than you're allowed to." The crazy thing is...I haven't posted any images. What am I doing wrong?

If you do any editing of the post, it will give that message. Try again and get a fresh start. Type your message and then put the pic in.

Nope...still doesn't work. I type the message, go to the little "Image" box, I then insert the URL, then click "POST." Still get the reject message. :angry:

I even tried just posting the picture without any message. Still no soap. Must be holding my mouth wrong or something.

Are you trying to upload it from your computer, or link it from another site?

Most of the boards I'm on, that ALLOW posting pix, will let me upload one straight from my computer. This site won't, or at least I haven't figgered out how. But I put pictures here from my photobucket account.

Nope...still doesn't work. I type the message, go to the little "Image" box, I then insert the URL, then click "POST." Still get the reject message. :angry:

I even tried just posting the picture without any message. Still no soap. Must be holding my mouth wrong or something.

The image box does not work. You can just type in the url as a link or if you want to post the pic directly you must put at the beginning of the url and at the end.

I was trying to post the pic from my Photobucket account. UB, I'm trying to post the pic directly...so when you say I must "put at end"...put what at end? The link?

Well the system won't let me post exactly howt o do it. It confuses the confuser. I"ll have to send you an email.

Archived