SASS Wire Forum

Any propane fridge experts out there?

I've got a three way fridge, gas elec and battery that runs fine on elec or batt, but the propane side is giving me fits!

Every once in a while I've been able to get it to work properly, but now...........not!

I've replaced the thermocouple, the safety valve, cleaned the burner and checked the exhaust and intakes to make sure that they are clear.

Tomorrow I'll put a voltmeter on the thermo.. , here's what has me really confused, when I turn the selector from start to run, with the safety button still pushed in, the flame will go out after a minute or so, with the button still pushed in.

I haven't been able to check the gas pressure, no manometer, (son in law has one somewhere but my problems aren't on the radar for him),

this is a norclod 3163 so I know it is a strange beast, in a VW rialto.

if you have any ideas I sure would appreciate it, if you can talk PM me and I'll give you my number.

Dumbfounded CC

don't think we'll be much help, we've only run our trailer fridge on propane once.....

but I like that whole "dumb" thing....is that the latest addition to yer full name?? :P

stove works fine. Got the fridge lit by crossing over the safety valve and stayed lit after I reconnected it.

the relighter as been by passed, the flame button is connected to the safety, and a manual igniter with the safety valve installed, was done before I bought the unit.

any ideas?

least it would be high enuff for you to stand straight up in no matter which spot...the potty mite be a little tite tho....

Calico gave me a tour of her and Buick's trailer, I had trouble just getting in the door from the outside, I wasn't even gonna try the door into the potty area.

maybe it's time Grizz......

CC, I carry my weight in my belly, no matter how much I lost my shoulders and hips is still gonna make me a wide body :D

If money wasn't an object, and I could fit in it and take care of business, something like this looks interesting.... I like the couch instead of the dinette too, way more usable most of the time.

We have a pesky one too Cheyenne. I have found that if I turn on the water heater for a minute or so and then the fridge, it works. Don't know why that is but as long as it works I'll live with it.

I think I got it, went back to the re-igniter, several hours of this and that, pull it out, put it back....I think I've got it!

ccpb

CC,

Also worth mentioning here, a propane fridge has to have a little dc power also, to keep that gas valve open, at least thats the way mine operates. I let the frige run on gas and a few days later it went off. Still had gas, but batteries went dead, killing current to gas valve. charged batteries, worked great again.

Cash

I do use the 12 v whenever I can, it's free...

Archived