SASS Wire Forum

Uberti El Patron VS Taylor Smoke Wagon

Uncle Ethan # 94321

Are these basically the same gun? I know both have been slicked up by Uberti for EL Patron and Taylor for Smoke Wagon, but other than that they appear to be the same.

Smoke wagons hammers are lowered just a tad. Like maybe an 1/8", the front sight is thicker and the ramp on the top strap is a bit wider. I shoot Smoke Wagons in .44-40..... love 'em!!

Rye ;)

Yep from what I have read, same gun with Smoke Wagon slicked up more. Found a couple of El Patrons on Guns American but Smoke Wagon seem to be to be hard to find. 5.5 in 357

I recently looked at a pair of El Patrons in a side by side comparison with stock Cimarron Uberti Cattlemen, both 45 Colt, both 5 1/2 barrel length.

The El Patrons were much smoother in terms of having some kind of action work/spring work done.

Certainly did not seem to be a poor choice of shooter for someone. ;) If the Smoke Wagons are even more refined they would be impressive.

It just so happens I talked to the gunsmith for Taylor's on Thursday. Tom told me the Smoke Wagons, El Patron and the New Model Cattleman are the same gun with varying degrees on refinement.

The Smoke Wagon has the most work done.

I have a pair of Smoke Wagons the are a fine pistol.

Can't go wrong with Taylor's as far as I am conserned

Whiskey

Archived