SASS Wire Forum

WTS-Worn out Stoeger (Uberti) 66

I have a 66 Carbine in .45 Colt that is no longer able to withstand the rigors of our illustrious sport. It has extraction issues, and this past winter I was told by a knowledgeable gunsmith that "This rifle is worn out!" so I'm looking for a new home for it, preferably with someone who will cherish it for its individuality and personality. It's got a still very functional Pioneer Gun Works short stroke kit installed, along with half of a set of Slix Springs. I have the other half somewhere and it will be included. The loading gate has been reinforced and has lasted for I don't know how many years without breaking, and it sports a quite stylish mule deer antler bead on the front barrel band mounted sight that is a perfect match for the buckhorn rear sight...

Several years ago on a rainy afternoon I stripped most of the bluing off of the steel parts, and all of the thick plastic finish off of what has turned out to be some pretty nice wood on the stock and forearm. It looks like it's ridden around in a saddle scabbard for quite a while. Very picturesque...

So here's the deal: I am offering to ship this here limping warrior to some lucky person who wants to give it a home for the low, low price of $350. It should be worth that as parts alone. If nobody steps forward to take advantage of this great offer, I guess it'll just have to languish in my gun safe for the foreseeable future...

Howdy,

If he reconsiders, I would like to have that.

I would like a few pix either way.

If it just works for occasional plinkin I would sure enjoy.

And I have a ffl pard ready to take care of paperworks etc.

Best

CR

Archived