SASS Wire Forum

UPS Exception - held by origin location?

Grizzly Dave

They are screwing with you because they can!

Howdy Grizz,

I had to call our local UPS dock to hold a package, so I asked them while I was on the line. She said it could be various reasons, for instance, weight adjustment, hazmat, packaging, etc. She suggested a call to the 800 line might help.

Later pard,

CBG

If it's powder or primers, there are new packaging requirements and UPS will hold shipments and then destroy the contents unless someone physically picks it up. Normally a delivery exception is cused when a package needs a signature and no one is home.

It's coming from Cabelas so you'd think they'd know what they were doing, but we shall see.

I don't need it until mid July, so I'm not in a rush, but would like to know it hasn't been sent to the land of lost packages.

If it's powder or primers, there are new packaging requirements and UPS will hold shipments and then destroy the contents unless someone physically picks it up. Normally a delivery exception is cused when a package needs a signature and no one is home.

Or a wrong address. Very recently I had delivery of a rifle held up for a day because the sender transposed two numbers in the address and said location didn't exist the way it was addressed. Apparently, UPS can't figure out where "JOE BLOW'S BUSINESS" is in a town of 3,000 people... and it's been there for at least twenty years. :rolleyes:

Usually means something like severe-weather/train-wreck/road-closures happened to cause an "Exception" for UPS.

Having a cloudy day causes exception for USPS in my town :blink::P

Oak Creek, WI, United States 06/25/2013 2:00 A.M. Held by origin location.

Oak Creek, WI, United States 06/24/2013 1:52 P.M. Departure Scan

Oak Creek, WI, United States 06/21/2013 8:57 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 06/21/2013 5:15 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

It's just strange that it got scanned twice, once to say it was departing, then the next day shows up as held. I'll give them a day to sort it out and then call if it's not back on track.

Hi, Dave,

I ordered three shirts from Cabelas on June 21, and in checking today with UPS tracking -- several times -- I see that the order is still in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, with the notation "Held by Origin Location.") I wouldn't think it likely that three shirts would cause a delay, but what do I know?

Archived