SASS Wire Forum

Which is better...

Subdeacon Joe

That's what I have been doing, one per bill. I was just wondering if a great, massive Juggernaut of a letter, with the 28 bill numbers and titles might not be more of an eye opener.

In the past when I have done the one per, followed up with phone calls, I had the staff at my assemblymans office tell me I might as well not bother with more letters and calls - that worthy knew what was best for us and didn't want or need outside opinions, especially those that contradicted his. Got basically the same comments from the offices of Barbara Boxer and Lynn Woolsey. Nice, eh?

More letters but with strength of conviction.

Each letter to address 1 bill but at the bottom list the other bills and your position on them without comments.

Next letter same format but move all bills up one and move top bill to bottom of list.

This way you can comment your opinion on each bill and the list will be a summary of all the bills with your stance.

On front of envelope, put bill number with no comment. Make them open it. This way they can toss your letter in to the specific stack for a given bill.

-----------------------

Name of recipient / regarding SB-###

address

etc.

More letters but with strength of conviction.

Each letter to address 1 bill but at the bottom list the other bills and your position on them without comments.

Next letter same format but move all bills up one and move top bill to bottom of list.

This way you can comment your opinion on each bill and the list will be a summary of all the bills with your stance.

On front of envelope, put bill number with no comment. Make them open it. This way they can toss your letter in to the specific stack for a given bill.

-----------------------

Name of recipient / regarding SB-###

address

etc.

Nice touch! Thank you.

Archived