SASS Wire Forum

Help me choose a movie

This thread is sure giving me a lot of a$$ time this weekend - "In Pursuit of Honor" was worth watching - a few odd mistakes here and there and the hokey plywood/cardboard tanks, field guns, and trucks, but all in all a pretty decent movie. Don Johnson needs a new 1911 or hotter ammo, as he had to cycle it by hand each time when he killed the six lame horses in Montana.

Full length on stagevu.com or youtube.

Blanks.

In .45 ACP (~15000 PSI), not enough juice to cycle the action. In "Sergeant York", they have Gary Cooper use a captued Luger 9mm (30-odd thousand PSI), instead of the 1911 the real Sgt. York used, so the blanks would work the action.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still believe the only reason Lee Marvin made this movie was to show Hollywood how good "The Magnificent Seven" could have been without Yul Bryner(as a gunfighter???) and (Horst Bucholtz as a Mexican farm boy????).

OK, Horst Buchholz I get, I couldn't see him either, but wossamattah Yul?

Blanks.

In .45 ACP (~15000 PSI), not enough juice to cycle the action. In "Sergeant York", they have Gary Cooper use a captued Luger 9mm (30-odd thousand PSI), instead of the 1911 the real Sgt. York used, so the blanks would work the action.

Since they never actually show him shooting the horses, I'd have to go with "Dramatic Effect". You hear the bang, then the sound of him cycling the action, then another bang, and so on. Either that, or nobody thought to edit out the sound of manually cycling the blanks. :lol:

OK, Horst Buchholz I get, I couldn't see him either, but wossamattah Yul?

Sorry, but he looked more at home dancing in satin pajamas in "The King and I" than he did in western clothes.

With a Sharps named Nemesis....really a very good movie!

I think you are confusing this movie with "The Tracker" with Kris Kristophern (SP) "Tracker" is set in NZ after the Boer War.

We have just discovered the Goodnight for Justice series... Stars Luke Perry. Enjoyed the movie in the series so much, now we are looking for the first two.

Try "Jericho". Filmed in HD but not WS.

Archived