SASS Wire Forum

FS: Original Photograph of Buffalo Bill Cody- SOLD

This is an original Cabinet Card photograph of Buffalo Bill Cody, taken by Pirou in Paris (when Cody was doing a European tour in 1889). This photograph has rarely been published- and is EXTREMELY difficult to find another copy- making me to believe there were only a few made. If that was the case then there is a good chance it might have been owned by someone that knew Cody, or even Cody himself (probably not...). I have found a similar photograph taken by Pirou that was in similar condition that was owned by Johnny Baker, close friend and fellow performer with Cody. In my opinion this photograph was once owned by Baker, but I cannot 100% prove it.

Many photographs of Cody have been widely reproduced; however there weren't many copies made by Pirou. Even less of this particular pose. Like I have said earlier, I have only seen one other photograph of this particular pose, and it wasn't even the original like this is. So this photograph is EXTREMELY rare!

IMG_0174_zps51704f35.jpg

I am looking for $650 shipped.

I was in Cody Wy a couple of weeks ago. Did a little reading up on ole Buffalo Bill. He was quite a guy! We stayed at the Irma, a hotel he built in 1092. Toured the Cody museum, it was great. If you're ever in the area it is well worth the price of admission.

One of the exibits in the museum referred to Cody as "the origionql worlds most interesting man". I think they may have been correct!

Thanks guys, anyone that knows the importance of Buffalo Bill in the old west knows how historically important these original photographs are! This very well might be the one and only time this photograph is EVER up for sale!

• 1 month later...

Jess

You should do some research on this and try to get it authenticated.

It might be worth 10 times what you're asking. :o

Waimea

:FlagAm:

• 9 months later...

So the buyer I had for this had terrible buyers remorse after his wife found out he spent money he didn't have.... This was of course after I used that money to pay off a bill that I had.

So I am re-offering this at the VERY LOW price of $300 plus shipping!

Jess, I am interested. Do you have anything in the way of provenance on it?

Thanks,

Harvey

Thank Goodness .

We was starting to wonder if this would ever go away :P

Archived