SASS Wire Forum

Longmire Hat Question

Howdy Pards:

I'm trying to find a "Walt Longmire" hat. Havn't had much luck so far, but maybe I just don't know where to look. Anybody know what kind of hat Robert Taylor wears in the Longmire series?

Thanks ahead of time for any responses.

Frazee

According to Craig Johnson, the author of the Longmire books, it was made in Billings by Mike Hodges.

http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2012/06/longmire-by-craig-johnson-author-robert-taylor-western-tv-sheriff

Buffalo Stetson.

dscf09541024x576.jpg

I finished reading the new Longm. book last nite (got it on the 4th when it came out.

DANG, be ready for a page turner......and a couple of curves thrown at ya.

anybody else reading it or finished it yet??

curley

Thanks to all of you who replied. Thanks Utah Bob for the picture. There is a place at our cabin that handles riding and western gear and they can get Stetson so now I have someplace to go.

Thanks everyone.

Frazee

Frazee, it's the Stetson American Buffal Collection Here's the tag from the hat.

dscf0955g.jpg

Thanks to everyone, and thanks especially to Utah Bob for sending a picture of the tag. Now I can get busy trying to get one. That is, as soon as I get finished with my wife's "To Do" list.

Frazee

• 1 year later...

The hat was made by Mike Hodges of H-Bar hats of Billings, MT. I just got a picture mine which he just finished and is sending off. Utah Bob is correct. Those guys in New Mexico make a very nice hat but it's more than twice what Hodges charges, and after all, he is the original. The author, Craig Johnson, tells it like it is in the link Bob provided.

I finished reading the new Longm. book last nite (got it on the 4th when it came out.

DANG, be ready for a page turner......and a couple of curves thrown at ya.

anybody else reading it or finished it yet??

curley

Yes I read it a few months ago. Dry Bones his newest is coming out shortly. I read them on my IPad.

Archived