SASS Wire Forum

A tad warm today

It's beautiful here. Went out on the patio about 0700 to drink coffee and watch the birds, patio thermometer showed barely above 60 degrees. Dang near needed a jacket!

JHC

:FlagAm: I think there was a time I liked you. Enjoy. :)

Hey, it could be worse. I think the most miserable heat I ever experienced was in Houston. We went to see the Astros play the last year (1999) in the Astrodome. Thought I was gonna die. It was about 100 degrees. We vacationed last year in Playa del Carmen Mexico. It was pretty tough and I don't think it ever hit 90.

I was in Scottsdale in the middle of the summer once. It was about 115 most days, but you could actually sit out by the hotel pool in the shade with a glass of tea and it was bearable. Of course you didn't want to go walking around out in the sun too much!

110-115 is not unknown here. It's pretty dry, but not as dry as Phoenix. Can get pretty toasty.

I remember several years ago there was a big "drought" in the Phoenix area. I always wondered...........how do you know there's drought in the desert??? :blink::wacko:

JHC

Well, it has been rugged here all week. NO RAIN!

TEMPS IN THE HIGH 60'S OR EVEN HIGH 70'S

SUNSHINE ALL OVER THE BLINKING PLACE

GRASS HAS QUIT GROWING A FOOT A MINUTE.

SMELL OF CHARCOAL IN THE AIR.

THE HUM OF MOTORS FROM TOOLS

Getting so a fellow has no excuse to stay indoors.

Here too. All the way up to 66 today! Highest it's been sense Monday last. Stopped raining a bit ago. The sky has lightened up some too, as the yard light finally went out for the first time in three days. :(

Archived