SASS Wire Forum

Forgiveness, something we all need...both ways

With some of the things happening on the wire lately, and knowing some of the reasons behind them, I got to thinking, yea I know, that's a dangerous thing.

Anyway, there are folks that have held grudges for years, just downright too stubborn to forgive someone who wronged them one way or another in the past.

If you will recite the Lord's Prayer you will come to, forgive our trespasses as WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US.

How can we ever be forgiven is we won't forgive others, whether they ask for it or not!

Take a look at the Ten Commandments, they weren't written to keep us from having fun, but were written that we may enjoy life to the fullest. Strange ideas to most, but it's true.

back to forgiveness, wouldn't it be easier to forgive and put things to rest? Why hold all that hate and ill feelings when you can let it go? Why in the world let someone else have THAT much control over you?!

That's all I'll say for now, but wouldn't it really be easier on your spirit to forgive? I've gone through some garbage the last few years, and you know what? you can let it go! It's easier to smile too if you do!

ok, now I'm done,

pbcc

Forgiveness given only one direction breaks the Lords heart.

Just my experience lately.......he's not alone......I been a bit broken hearted in forgiving myself.

Grudges shouldn't tear down friendships or families such as this one.

Amen, Pard.

Warning and disclaimer: Me putting in good words here lately seems to be in vain.......so take it how you will. :blush:

You're a very intelligent man, Mr. Culpepper....who'da thunk it?? :P

And I understand and agree with your words, and will try to take them to heart.....once my temper has cooled off a little! ;)

With some of the things happening on the wire lately, and knowing some of the reasons behind them, I got to thinking, yea I know, that's a dangerous thing.

Anyway, there are folks that have held grudges for years, just downright too stubborn to forgive someone who wronged them one way or another in the past.

If you will recite the Lord's Prayer you will come to, forgive our trespasses as WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US.

How can we ever be forgiven is we won't forgive others, whether they ask for it or not!

Take a look at the Ten Commandments, they weren't written to keep us from having fun, but were written that we may enjoy life to the fullest. Strange ideas to most, but it's true.

back to forgiveness, wouldn't it be easier to forgive and put things to rest? Why hold all that hate and ill feelings when you can let it go? Why in the world let someone else have THAT much control over you?!

That's all I'll say for now, but wouldn't it really be easier on your spirit to forgive? I've gone through some garbage the last few years, and you know what? you can let it go! It's easier to smile too if you do!

ok, now I'm done,

pbcc

Amen Brother !

We all need to forgive .

The bible says forgive as you have been forgiven . -_-

YUP,

What you folks said...........

Laughing with people is a lot easier on the soul than fighting with them :)

Knarley

You're a good man, Culpepper.

Forgiveness... It's a good thought for the day.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

YUP,

What you folks said...........

Laughing with people is a lot easier on the soul than fighting with them :)

Knarley

And laughing at them even easier! :lol:

Of course, then they wait and laugh at you when you try to walk though the door you just closed - or do something equally dumb.

Best is to be able to laugh at yourself.

Was always told that if you can't laugh at youself don' you laugh at others ;)

I always followed the three "R's" in forgiveness.

Request, remorse, restitution.

I.e. friend returns your car keys. Says your car is wraped around a telephone pole down the street while he was driving drunk. Says

" sorry" and leaves.

I do not forgive unless he pays to repair the car, shows remorse and then requests my forgiveness.

Yupper I am picky that way.

I guess I missed "With some of the things happening on the wire lately, and knowing some of the reasons behind them..." ... ...or am just too dumb to notice or give it anything more than anevermind...

...but in any case ya'll are forgiven! ^_^

But...........

When you turn the other cheek and you're enemy strikes it too.....

LEAVE MAD AS HELL ! :angry::angry::angry:

If I have upset anyone please forgive me. I sometimes open my mouth

before engaging my brain or typing a comeback I ain't very PC in my

way of thinking. or speaking, and sometimes go overboard.

I guess I missed "With some of the things happening on the wire lately, and knowing some of the reasons behind them..." ... ...or am just too dumb to notice or give it anything more than anevermind...

...but in any case ya'll are forgiven! ^_^

That's OK, OKB. I must have missed the same things, cause I don't know nothin' 'bout nothin'! My Bride says that's normal for me, though!

I don't think I've peed in anyone's mess kit lately, but if I have, y'all please forgive me.

And remember, "vengeance is mine, I will repay, sayeth the Lord" and He can do a lot better job of it too!

pbcc

ok, now I'm done,

pbcc

I'm a very forgiving type of guy... once. I will forgive just about anything... once. After that, it's not about forgivness, hate, ill feelings, or whatever.

If somebody does me a wrong, provided it's not something that will do me serious damage, I can forgive it. But if he does it again, I won't. I probably won't hate him for it, but I'll never trust him again, either.

I agree with Dirty Dances with Wolves on this.

If my offender admits his wrong, at least makes an honest attempt to right the wrong, and asks my forgivness, he'll get it.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

There are some things that a fella or gal can do... and it will never pass muster... and the thought of "forgiveness" is a joke.

For those amongst us... don't know how few or many... there ain't gonna be no forgiveness.

Let's face it... some of us... are damned. And so... we don't care....

We live... on long overdue... borrowed time...

ts

NOPE, taint so, everyone is afforded the opportunity of forgiveness...your choice,,,

I choose to forgive whether asked for or not, why let them have control over ANY part of me? Course that doesn't mean I'll hang around with them if I don't have to!

Fair 'nuff...

Never asked for forgiveness... just deeply regretted my actions. Even on this very Wire... after several folks pointed out a severe transgression by me... I done the "regrets".... and I meant 'em.

But you have yore beliefs... and I got mine. Mine are... there are some things so heinous... there ain't no way...

Don't let me trash yore thread with my crap.

ts

Fair 'nuff...

Never asked for forgiveness... just deeply regretted my actions. Even on this very Wire... after several folks pointed out a severe transgression by me... I done the "regrets".... and I meant 'em.

But you have yore beliefs... and I got mine. Mine are... there are some things so heinous... there ain't no way...

Don't let me trash yore thread with my crap.

ts

Stud, part of the purpose of this thread is that you CAN be forgiven, asked or not, if you truly regret you actions. You're moving in the right direction, and you're among friends.

When you stand in Judgment, He will judge.

Stud, I forgive ya.

Now just drop twentyseventy dollars in an envelope addressed to:

Utah Bob

Forgiveness While-U-Wait

Cahone Colorady

;)

And I seldom go near The Wire anymore.

Again... sorry for intruding. But if somebody says: You can not blot out the Sun... by holding up yore finger....

It is easy to prove them wrong.

My life is proof... I can do it every, borrowed day.

ts

Whoa... whoa... whoa....

So busy laughin' at the Uturn Cahone's post... almost missed yore misguided post.

You are just plain, wrong... Saber... you and Cayenne Pepper both of ya...

Think 'bout this coward: In a place far away and long ago... this goof witnesses l'uccisione di donne e bambini... and he does nothin'... mainly cause he's so dam drunk most the time. At the time... ma... egli è stato ammaliato e contemporaneamente sconvolti dalla vista di… mainly cause he's so dam afraid... and drunk. But he is good at what he does... he counts like a machine.

Then that same stupid coward comes home... and dam... commettere lo stesso, stupido atto di uccidere un bambino.

And even now... sometimes wakes up and hears... il lamento di una madre affranta.

Don't mean to trash yore thread... but some folks are unforgiven.

And those folks... will remain so.

ts

I know lots of folks that feel like they have been cowards at one time or another. I suspect all of us have had that feeling. And I have had read all of your posts, probably more than most when I was Admin here.

Yup you have done some things that are questionable but no more than many of us.

UTurn has your back and that is a pretty cool recommendation. Honesty is a great trait but don't forget what you do is as important as what you have done.

You might want to ask why your sorry butt has not been taken off of this Wire.

B ( ;) )H

It is not up to us as individuals to say we are either worthy of, should be, or will be, forgiven. That is out of our hands.

As far as being able to forgive others, that is a personal decision that each of us must struggle with.

I've read and puzzled over this thread since CC first posted it. Initially, I decided that while I agree with the sentiment, that I wouldn't comment, because my beliefs and faith are not those expressed, nor are they those of the majority here. Then I read TS's posts, and I got to thinking even further.

To "forgive" is defined as "to stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw or mistake." "Forgiveness," then, is "the action or process of forgiving."

My belief is that in forgiving, we must start in forgiving ourselves, in releasing the anger and disappointment we have in ourselves for our own faults, as well as forgive ourselves for the anger that we hold towards others. From there, we move to forgiving others, releasing the anger we have toward them. Based on my understanding and the writings of CC and others above, this doesn't seem to be terribly out of line with Christian teachings.

So, where do the thoughts expressed by TS and others come into play in this? It seems to me that nowhere in the definition of forgive or forgiveness does it indicate that one should forget the character of those we forgive. Releasing the burden of the anger, we feel, for in my belief it is a burden, does not mean we necessarily should forget how those we forgive have acted, and the possibility that they will act in such a way in the future, or that we should not be circumspect in our dealings with them. I've heard it said that "a tiger will do what a tiger will do." Meaning, a tiger will act in a way consistent with its nature and its instinct. Likewise, people will act consistent with their character, and the trick is to understand that and to act accordingly.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I think it'd be easier for most folks to forgive if they realized forgiveness is not saying that what someone did is okay, or right, or not a problem. Forgiveness is deciding not to personally retaliate with harm against the offending person. When Christ at His crucifixion said, "Father forgive them," He wasn't saying it's okay to crucify an innocent Man; He was asking the Father not to retaliate against those people.

Try not to take, or want to take, justice into your own hands. Forgiveness is a liberating experience.

You might want to ask why your sorry butt has not been taken off of this Wire.

B ( ;) )H

Yep... you got that right...Black Hat, my young friend. Don't have to ask... you been overly generous with tolerance for me... and I am beholden to ya.

Sure hope folks on this Wire understands somethin' else you pointed out... Uturn Bob is "The Man"... and the only unlisted, closest-to-moderator fella we got. If he tells me to shut-the-hell up... I'm all 'bout compliance. We all respect him so.

ts

Archived