SASS Wire Forum

Try to put the address in tom tom and it could not find street address For range or hotel can some one help me with the street address

Thank you Gunrunner Joe

Email is gunrunnerj@gmail.com

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Street address of range is 33 New Truckers Rd, Manchester KY 40962.

GPS coordinates to the entrance of the range, intersection of New Truckers Rd and Hwy 60 is 37.119136,-83.796368.

GPS coordinates to the entrance of the range, intersection of New Truckers Rd and Hwy 60 is 37.119136,-83.796368.

if you don't wanna help, at least don't send em down the wrong road! I believe its hwy 80 :o

hope you coords are right :P

cc

if you don't wanna help, at least don't send em down the wrong road! I believe its hwy 80 :o

hope you coords are right :P

cc

It's hell getting old...Google maps needs to print their highway numbers a bit larger.....you are correct sir....it is Hwy. 80.

So...the correct location information is...

GPS coordinates to the entrance of the range, intersection of New Truckers Rd and Hwy 80 is 37.119136,-83.796368.

Tom Tom can not find New Truckers Rd in Manchester KY or the Hotel ???????

Did find GPS Latitude and Longitude

Gunrunner Joe.....please click on this link and you will be taken to the intersection of New Truckers Rd and Hwy 80. Click on the map and you will find a Google Maps application has located the intersection. You can zoom in and out and the location will still stay marked. You should be able to find it from there. Maybe your TomTom GPS will allow you to enter the coordinates for this location...37.119136,-83.796368 and it will take you to the location.

The motel is at exit #20 off of Hal Rodgers Pkwy. It is listed as Best Western, Manchester,KY

Exit #20 is Highway 80 and a right off of the exit takes you to the motel and a couple of miles further doen that road is Ponderosa Pines. The signs at the entrance are really hard to miss.

GPS will get you LOST

Hey Chickamauga Charlie!!! Hope you and your lovely Missus can join us again this year!!!

Blackwater,

thanks. i'm disappointed to acknowledge we just cant work it out. We'll be in PA two weeks before and I cant stretch it out that far or turn around that quickly. i'm going to miss the music, desserts, lemonade and the camaraderie most of all. I hope you guys have a great time. if the kajun don't show up, do me a favor and head out to hwy 60 and look for him, he's probably lost. :D

cc

Blackwater,

thanks. i'm disappointed to acknowledge we just cant work it out. We'll be in PA two weeks before and I cant stretch it out that far or turn around that quickly. i'm going to miss the music, desserts, lemonade and the camaraderie most of all. I hope you guys have a great time. if the kajun don't show up, do me a favor and head out to hwy 60 and look for him, he's probably lost. :D

cc

I think Hwy 60 takes you from PA down to Kentucky.....maybe if you use my directions you'll be able to find your way to Black Gold :lol: Of course it might take you two weeks though :D

I'm with Blackwater...it'd shore be good to see you both at Black Gold....maybe even back here in GA to shoot. Take care and safe travels.

I've got a story about the Kajun and GPS. I followed him all over south Georgia a few months ago. My GPS said turn right, he turns left. We wandered through pecan groves and giant open fields. He claims Tuco Forsyth programed the GPS to speak Portuguese. We did actually make it to the Valdosta shoot but we took the scenic route. :)

I've got a story about the Kajun and GPS. I followed him all over south Georgia a few months ago. My GPS said turn right, he turns left. We wandered through pecan groves and giant open fields. He claims Tuco Forsyth programed the GPS to speak Portuguese. We did actually make it to the Valdosta shoot but we took the scenic route. :)

CC, it's always comforting to know that your pard's got your back....in this case its our match director Badlands "Evil" Bob and it's the knife he's got in my back :lol:

In my defense it was my pard Tuco Forsyth that reprogrammed my GPS to Portuguese. I had it programmed to Kajun French and we were going in the right direction.....south toward the marsh. When Tuco flipped a few switches and mashed a few buttons my GPS went all Portuguese on me. It was a good thing for us that Tuco spoken "broken Portuguese" and after a little bit we finally arrived at the range in Valdosta....but no before taking a walk in a prison yard. You know how them lawdogs like Tuco and Evil Bob are...always wanted to look through somebody elses hooscow. It was an interesting trip but we finally made it down to the Valdosta SASS shoot and had a great time meeing and shooting with new pards from down Sourth Georgia and Floriday way.

And....if'n ole Evil Bob can get himself a kitchen pass the second weekend in July he ought to be riding with me on up the Black Gold. Git him a little of ole Copperhead Joe's juice and swab hime down with a little Ballistol he'll be all loosy goosy and reay to shootsy.

Howdy all, sorry I have been away for a little while My Dad as had another bout with kidney stones. About the time they thought they where going to have to bust it he pasted it. Thank god.

Anyway, if you are coming to the match do not use most GPS. Follow the directions on the web site. This match is easy to find. From interstate 75 London Ky. exit 41 take the Hall Rodgers parkway East 22 miles to the Manchester exit 20 the motel is right off the exit. To get to the range go by the hotel west on old hwy 80 2.2 miles the range is on the right. Sign will be up.

Is that not easy.

I hate that they stuck our other thread over on the Events Wire!

I hate that they stuck our other thread over on the Events Wire!

So THAT'S where it went! Thought maybe somebody exceeded their Warning Points! :P

Listen to the advise about not just programming in an address....won't get ya there. Coordinates work fine. Joe's directions are spot on. Really is an easy one to find.

Chickamauga Charlie...sure will miss y'all! :(

OP asked for info for his GPS so I gave it to him. Last year I used Copperhead Joe's directions and my GPS. I used his directions to get on the correct road and my GPS coordinates to locate the entrance to the range....it was my first time there. They have a sign right at the entrance to Pondersosa Pines off Hwy 80....once you see it you'll remember it....and once you shoot at Copperhead Joe's shoot you'll remember it too! :blink:

Joe,

Sent you a PM.

Hey Red!!

You orta' make this one!! This is the kind of match that makes ya' wanna' hang around and see if it'll just keep goin'!! More fun and food that you can ever get all of!!

I got your pm Red and I'll see what I can do. Glad to have y'a.

I'll second that, Brother!!

Glad to hear this!! Red is good people and always a pleasure to shoot with!! But "the boss" as he calls her is one fine lady too!!

Ok Copperhead Joe....it took me a while but I finally found the language "Hillbilly Kajun" and a special Kentucky map update on the Garmin website last night. So....I downloaded it and installed it on my GPS and wouldn't ya know it.....Pondersoa Pines showed up as a POI (point of interest) on it. So I just dropped off my application and gold dust off at the local Pony Express office so hopefully the rider will make it there before match time.

Krazy (what don't like it when shoot information is moved off the main Wire page) Kajun

Idunno Joe!! Maybe!

I figure bring or make on the spot.

Try to make enough that everybody can have some, (not a requirement, but it does seem like a good thing). :P

No stealin'!! :angry:

I'll let you set a fair entry fee and a serving time.

Our winner get's half of whatever entry moneys collected.

The rest of the proceeds go to the S.A.S.S. Scholarship fund.

A donation jar at the serving line with those proceeds also added to the Scholarship Fund.

Whaddaya' think?? :unsure:

You ain't no more displeased than I am!! :angry:

Joe!! Last year's entry fee was $20.00.

Judge, I'll send you a P.M.

I'm gettin' antsy!! So many friends are comin' and so many future friends as well!! We'll have some new music to show off too!! ;)

How are the applications adding up? Any more outlaws signing up?

Howdy,

You pards all sound like so much fun.

I wonder how far the match is from one of my old friends house.

He keeps sayin I should see his place and maybe I could see

his place and a match, maybe.

Best

CR

Of course that is counting me twice.

Well, I got the mega-blender ready to role, Mini-Winnie ready to go, plenty of lies to be told, hat hangers that need to be sold, good times to behold, lemonade to be had cold, a few card hands I should fold, all those top shooters who are fun to goad, lots of cold beers I'm gonna hold, smack talk that seems so bold, maybe a few more rounds I need to load....Everyone needs to head to Black Gold.

See everyone in a few weeks.

Archived