SASS Wire Forum

Bisley Hammers and Grip Frame - why?

Dang It Dan 13202

Nate , no it was not a Colt. Did you overlook I said it was a birdshead RV? How quickly we forget. All CAShooters once knew what a RV is. Now it has been 99% supplanted with the incorrect inaccurate OMV.

I should have more properly stated that the Bisley hammer was grafted "into" the RV instead of onto.

Nate , no it was not a Colt. Did you overlook I said it was a birdshead RV? How quickly we forget. All CAShooters once knew what a RV is. Now it has been 99% supplanted with the incorrect inaccurate OMV.

I should have more properly stated that the Bisley hammer was grafted "into" the RV instead of onto.

I still don't understand the problem. A few years back, before the new Vaq came out I installed bisley hammers in a pair of stainless 3.5" Birdheads for a local shooter. About all I had to do was clearance the hammer well in the grip frame .

these two started with birdsheads grip frames, then got bisley hammers then where later changed to plow and bisley.

GaryRvaqs.jpg

At this point, the "Hammer" door is wide open... I agree that it doesn't seem to make much sense to me either... When it was done, all of these other mods were not allowed, but things have indeed changed... I would suggest that it be submitted for a TG vote. I think it would pass... until then, right or wrong, it is the rule.

Snakebite

I dunno Nate, alls I know is he told me not to ask for a mate to be made. Said it was too hard to get the Bisley hammer to work in the regular RV frame. Fine with me, I had it built for packin' not CASin' so I didn't need a second one.

Gun is not legal for competition with the Bisley hammer on a non-Bisley frame.

But it sure should be. Considering we got those Pony Express and Runnin' Iron and Thunderwhat'sits that are all now legal.

Makes no sense to continue this one prohibition. But that's how it is for now. Most of us disagree with the rule and I expect it to eventually go away. Sooner or later. Sooner would be better.

Archived