SASS Wire Forum

Head of IRS Says Taxpayers No Longer Trust His Agency

Subdeacon Joe

What kind of FANTASY WORLD has this guy been living in, if he thinks we ever trusted the IRS?

WASHINGTON — His agency under relentless fire, the new head of
the Internal Revenue Service acknowledged to Congress on Monday that
American taxpayers no longer trust the IRS amid a growing number of
scandals — from the targeting of conservative political groups to lavish
spending on employee conferences.

But Acting Commissioner Danny Werfel declared he was "committed to restoring that trust." He
said he has installed new leadership at the agency and is conducting a thorough review of what went wrong and how to fix it. He promised the transparency that was lacking for several years as tea
party groups complained about harassment by the IRS, only to be met with
denials from the agency.

"We must have the trust of the American taxpayer. Unfortunately, that trust
has been broken," Werfel told a House Appropriations subcommittee in
his first public appearance since taking over the agency nearly two
weeks ago. "The agency stands ready to confront the problems that
occurred, hold accountable those who acted inappropriately, be open
about what happened, and permanently fix these problems so that such
missteps do not occur again."

Anyone who is THAT out of touch with reality needs some serious medication.

Two words: **** ***

Well, I feel a whole lot better now about being lied to. It was done with Sincerity and Warmth.

What matter that our tax collector is doing something outside of the law.

It has been so for centuries, with tax collectors.

Just because those that are in the IRS can't be trusted, it is no reason that we shouldn't have warm fuzzy feelings about them.

Besides, those awful tea party people are a real danger to the government.

I have not heard of a single one of them supporting the Occupy Movement.

May they all be inflicted with the crabs, hemorrhoids, crotch rot and toe fungus, the bunch of four flushing, back stabbing scum!

strong note to follow

Was audited some years back. Turned out they owed me and guess what. Yep, just like if you owed them, they paid interest on what they owed me. The guy helped me out on a lot of things and said that I would probably never be audited again. That's my story!

I don't know why this scripture verse came to mind?

Daniel 11:20 (KJV)

Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes [in] the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

So is getting my cow pregnant.....and neither one of us gets kissed while it's happening.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was audited some years back. Turned out they owed me and guess what. Yep, just like if you owed them, they paid interest on what they owed me. The guy helped me out on a lot of things and said that I would probably never be audited again. That's my story!

Back in 2000 when I started doing independent contractor work on gubmint security training projects, I found out at tax time that there were 3 additional forms I needed to file. I was still doing my own taxes then, so I got the forms and started in, but eventually had to call the IRS help line when I found that the three forms seemed to conflict with each other on various points. The lady I talked to there was very nice and helpful, and walked me through the process with all three forms. I got it all done, sent in a check for what I owed, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. No audit so far, but now I have our taxes done by professionals.

Archived