SASS Wire Forum

LAPD officers' armed standoff with life-sized 'Call of Duty: Ghost' statue

Subdeacon Joe

Legendary! :lol: This will be talked about for years to come!

Were do one gets one???

I Got's to know!!

Knarley

Yah know, I'm no fan of LAPD, but if I was a cop and saw that "statue" with the M4 and suppressor, I'd've put two in the body and one in the head.

That is, if I didn't have the selector switch set on FUN.

Props to the cops and their professionalism.

I killed a suspect many years ago inside a clothing store. Front window was broken out. We surrounded the building and three of us made entry. I rounded a corner and encountered a man pointing a rifle at me. Didn't have time to say anything just stepped right and fired two rounds into his chest. The manikin, dressed in a safari outfit and holding a pretty realistic looking toy rifle, exploded. It took about 5 years for the nickname "Deadeye" to wear off. :D:D

I killed a suspect many years ago inside a clothing store. Front window was broken out. We surrounded the building and three of us made entry. I rounded a corner and encountered a man pointing a rifle at me. Didn't have time to say anything just stepped right and fired two rounds into his chest. The manikin, dressed in a safari outfit and holding a pretty realistic looking toy rifle, exploded. It took about 5 years for the nickname "Deadeye" to wear off. :D:D

Only 5 years?

We had a young officer answer an alarm call at a furniture store. Upon checking the building, the officers found a door had been forced open. The two officers went inside to search the building for the suspect. One of them carried a 12 gauge shotgun. When he rounded the corner, he saw the suspect raise a gun towards him. He shot the suspect. Only problem was, it was a large mirror on the wall. 25 years later, he retired and everybody still called him Boomer.

Several years ago one of our officers entered a Radio Shack due to an alarm shortly after the store closed. A dove had gotten into the store and set off the alarm via a motion sensor. The bird startled him & he snap shot the bird on the fly. I don't know if he actually hit the bird or if the bird died from the concussion of that 45 cal Glock going off inside the small store. He was forever there after known as "Bam Bam" until the day he retired.

Archived