SASS Wire Forum

Sen. Frank Lautenberg Died Today

Subdeacon Joe

Now, if I were the type to speak ill of the dead, I would have titled this thread something like "Leading Senate Opponent of Civil Rights Dies After Sucking at the Public Teat for Close to 30 Years."

But, since I'm not that type of person, I'll just say, may he rest in peace.

I believe there is a big party going on tonight in NJ, now the question will the Gov replace him with a Republican.

KK

I doubt it.

One of the biggest anti-gunners in the Senate. That said, Rest in peace Mr. Lautenberg, the last of the WW2 veterans in congress.

Rye

My momma always said that if you can't say anything nice....NJ, CT, NY...oops...almost went off.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Replying to Sen. Frank Lautenberg Died Today

So... I had two cows do the same....

ts

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I feel worse about your cows.....

I think... I am deeply in love with you... and want to have yore babies.

ts

ah, now I see where that came from, thot I wassa gonna hav ta git out the Sharps again.....hehe

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Being a retired USAF guy and having a Father and a whole slew of Uncles who all were in

WW2 I respect his service (just as I did for Senator George McGovern). That said, I hated almost every thing this man stood for, especially his anti gun stance. I will not miss him, but I hope he will RIP

Hoss Carpenter

As I will not speak ill of the dead, I will NOT point out what a festering boil on the butt of humanity he was.

I will remain silent.

There.

I believe there is a big party going on tonight in NJ, now the question will the Gov replace him with a Republican.

KK

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2013/06/03/geraldo-rivera-says-it-unlikely-gov-christie-will-tap-him-for-senate-seat-but/

Grew up in NJ and shed no tears at his passing. Sorry that anyone has to die and may he rest in peace but we're better off with him out of the Senate.

As to Christie appointing a Republican. He probably will but it will only be for the short time between now and October when a special election will be held. You've got to realize the world Christie inhabits.

As they throw Sen. Lautenberg into the ground, I find that I can say that he exhibited every bit of the honesty, integrity, forthrightness, uncorruptibility, selflessness, respect for the rule of law, and concern for the common man that typifies the politicians of his home state of New Joisey. :P;)

I will second that sir.

Being a retired USAF guy and having a Father and a whole slew of Uncles who all were in

WW2 I respect his service (just as I did for Senator George McGovern). That said, I hated almost every thing this man stood for, especially his anti gun stance. I will not miss him, but I hope he will RIP

Hoss Carpenter

Burp scuzze me, did somebody say sumpim 'bout some old guy dieing. 89....a good run in anybody's book. It Happens to everybody. RIP to a WWll VET. Now back to keeping our Guns outta the hands of them that's trying to bury them too.

Jake

Archived