SASS Wire Forum

Pards - gonna be off the Wire

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<SNIP>Gunner, I'm not always a big fan of all your posts, but I vote with my mouse. (unlike the Dead Horse complainers).

Silver "probably just made the list" Shadow

Now that there is funny; worth the whole thread and DARN GOOD ADVICE as well!

Invoke the Manatee and Stud rule:

If your post isn't any more inflammatory than what Manatee or Tennessee Stud would say, you're Golden.

I hate to say it, but I knew the new queen of the moderator fairies wouldn't leave things as they've been for 10+ years.

Well, before everbody piles on the mods, I can tell you from experience that moderating a forum can be tough. Things can and do get out of hand quick.

I personally did not see anything that GG posted that was that out of line, but I may have missed one or 3 posts. I will say, in my short time aboard here, Miz Allie Mo has been kind and gracious, and she can moderate me any old day.

That being said, GG, ifn you aint outright banned, you ought to post.

As a moderator of another forum I know just how hard it can be to make judgement calls at times. Sometimes we get them right and sometimes we get them wrong. That's the most I'll say about the subject though because one thing even worse than a bad moderator is a moderator that goes to another forum and purposefully causes strife. The two combined has no match. :blink::lol:

As a moderator of another forum I know just how hard it can be to make judgement calls at times. Sometimes we get them right and sometimes we get them wrong. That's the most I'll say about the subject though because one thing even worse than a bad moderator is a moderator that goes to another forum and purposefully causes strife. The two combined has no match. :blink::lol:

Well the one whom we speak off .

Should not have the job she has .

Many Pards have said so .

Yes it is a tough job .

But the most opinonated person on the wire is NOT the person for the job !

I too, would ride the river with you....stay here and enjoy.

KK

A long time ago (longer than I care to mention) when online video gaming was in its infancy, I used to play Wolfenstein a lot. For whatever reason the members of my 'clan' made me a super duper 'general' with all kinds of cool admin powers on our server. I could 'zap' folks, blowing them into little bitty pieces, or STFU them as well as other things (flip them upside down, make them drunk, etc.). The next few weeks there were mute, upside down, drunk people exploding all over the place. It was like a Quentin Tarentino movie in there. Eventually the newness wore off, folks I respected talked to me and I developed into a decent administrator with a lighter touch. Be patient and let her grow into the role. Sometimes less is more.

Posted · Hidden by Rowdy Yates, SASS #141, June 5, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Rowdy Yates, SASS #141, June 5, 2013 - No reason given

Wow, the voice of experience speaks.

Want to hear about my experience with bad mods? How about a mod that deletes your posts and then blocks you from posting after you report another poster who has used that forum to get your name, and then use a service on line to get your personal information and then contact you at your personal emails and tries to intimidate you and harras you just because you don't agree with their liberal agenda?

See, I am a member of the forum that Camile speaks of. I have had a number of "debates" with a poster on that site that is very very liberal (he is proud of being a liberal) and very anti-gun. He is always spreading liberal lies and voicing his support for any anti-gun amendment being pushed by his fellow liberals. I, among others have stood up to him, provided links to show how wrong his opinions and postings are and have done our best to show that what he says is wrong and anti-gun. A huge number of others on the forum have asked why an anti-gunner is allowed to post on a pro-gun forum. Many, including me, have asked that he be booted off for being a troublemaker.

I am a victim of this guy. On that forum I use my name. I'm not ashamed of the name my parents gave me. But, this liberal instigator told me on the forum that he could find out my public and personal information. What he did was use a search service named PeopleSmart to dig up my information. Then he wrote to me at two of my e-mail addresses letting me know he now knows where I live, my age, my phone number and a lot more personal info on me. He's doing so in an attempt to intimidate me and harras me. I wrote up a lenghty post telling the mods and others on the forum about what this guy has done. I asked that they keep all records of his posts and especially the one I wrote telling them of his act.

You see, doing what he did is a state and federal crime. The federal government passed laws making this a crime because it is cyberstalking and cyber bullying.

I went public on the forum to let it be known publicly that I was made a victim of this crime by a fellow forum member and known agitator. Trying to warn others and hopefully let that agitator know that I was taking this very seriously.

What did the moderator do?

I got banned for 15 days from posting. From what I understand all of my posts on the subject were deleted and the threads I posted on were cleaned up to hide the crime committed against me.

What did they do to the agitator? NOTHING. He's still posting his anti-gun liberal bull and nobody on that forum will do anything to him.

You see, the mods on that forum protect him above all the others. For some reason he is a very special person on there for some reason. He can insult, attack, lie and do as he pleases and no punishment. Sure he might get a post or two deleted occationally. But he is just left alone most of the time and allowed to get away with behavior that gets others banned.

This is an example of bad moderating and should be grounds for, not only the troublemaking poster being banned, but the moderator losing that position of power and possible banning of them too.

Nothing is worse than a moderator that stacks the deck against those they should be standing up for while covering, protecting and helping those who do the most harm to a forum. That is why that forum has so few members. So many have left.

I know it's been asked on this and other forums about why CAS/WAS is dying. Well, this crap sure doesn't help. When some people are looking into joining CAS/WAS and they encounter crap like this, it would chase off any newbie that is contemplating getting into the sport.

It's a cancer that needs to be cut out.

Wow, the voice of experience speaks.

Want to hear about my experience with bad mods? How about a mod that deletes your posts and then blocks you from posting after you report another poster who has used that forum to get your name, and then use a service on line to get your personal information and then contact you at your personal emails and tries to intimidate you and harras you just because you don't agree with their liberal agenda?

See, I am a member of the forum that Camile speaks of. I have had a number of "debates" with a poster on that site that is very very liberal (he is proud of being a liberal) and very anti-gun. He is always spreading liberal lies and voicing his support for any anti-gun amendment being pushed by his fellow liberals. I, among others have stood up to him, provided links to show how wrong his opinions and postings are and have done our best to show that what he says is wrong and anti-gun. A huge number of others on the forum have asked why an anti-gunner is allowed to post on a pro-gun forum. Many, including me, have asked that he be booted off for being a troublemaker.

I am a victim of this guy. On that forum I use my name. I'm not ashamed of the name my parents gave me. But, this liberal instigator told me on the forum that he could find out my public and personal information. What he did was use a search service named PeopleSmart to dig up my information. Then he wrote to me at two of my e-mail addresses letting me know he now knows where I live, my age, my phone number and a lot more personal info on me. He's doing so in an attempt to intimidate me and harras me. I wrote up a lenghty post telling the mods and others on the forum about what this guy has done. I asked that they keep all records of his posts and especially the one I wrote telling them of his act.

You see, doing what he did is a state and federal crime. The federal government passed laws making this a crime because it is cyberstalking and cyber bullying.

I went public on the forum to let it be known publicly that I was made a victim of this crime by a fellow forum member and known agitator. Trying to warn others and hopefully let that agitator know that I was taking this very seriously.

What did the moderator do?

I got banned for 15 days from posting. From what I understand all of my posts on the subject were deleted and the threads I posted on were cleaned up to hide the crime committed against me.

What did they do to the agitator? NOTHING. He's still posting his anti-gun liberal bull and nobody on that forum will do anything to him.

You see, the mods on that forum protect him above all the others. For some reason he is a very special person on there for some reason. He can insult, attack, lie and do as he pleases and no punishment. Sure he might get a post or two deleted occationally. But he is just left alone most of the time and allowed to get away with behavior that gets others banned.

This is an example of bad moderating and should be grounds for, not only the troublemaking poster being banned, but the moderator losing that position of power and possible banning of them too.

Nothing is worse than a moderator that stacks the deck against those they should be standing up for while covering, protecting and helping those who do the most harm to a forum. That is why that forum has so few members. So many have left.

I know it's been asked on this and other forums about why CAS/WAS is dying. Well, this crap sure doesn't help. When some people are looking into joining CAS/WAS and they encounter crap like this, it would chase off any newbie that is contemplating getting into the sport.

It's a cancer that needs to be cut out.

Oooookay....

CAS ain't dying...sorry.

But I can see why some of your posts are pulled.

Cheers!

Phantom

PS: Join SASS and be part of a great game.

So if someone did this to you you'd be OK with it?

If someone searched out your personal information and tried to use it to harass you and intimidate you you'd be ok with that?

and then, after you told others about it you got punished by the mods that would be cool too?

I'll reserve joining SASS if they think along those lines thank you very much.

So if someone did this to you you'd be OK with it?

If someone searched out your personal information and tried to use it to harass you and intimidate you you'd be ok with that?

and then, after you told others about it you got punished by the mods that would be cool too?

I'll reserve joining SASS if they think along those lines thank you very much.

Um...I wouldn't be part of that forum...IF what you say is true.

And venting in the way you did kinda indicates to me that you may take things a bit too far.

And...saying that CAS is dying...okay...whatever.

You see, I don't take what you say as pure truth. It's your position...and that's it. There are usually two sides to a story. The sides may not be of equal truth...but getting one side is kinda meaningless to me.

And to bring up a moderator (alleged), that wronged you on another forum...is...weird.

Cheers...and enjoy NCOWS!

Phantom

I posted to the mod who did the banning. Since I'm banned from posting on her forum I wanted to say my comment where she might see it.

There are others who post there who also post here. I welcome their comments.

I posted to the mod who did the banning. Since I'm banned from posting on her forum I wanted to say my comment where she might see it.

There are others who post there who also post here. I welcome their comments.

This ain't the place to air your dirty laundry...you're coming across as a bit...loose. Kinda stalking...

Just keep your feud on your own turf.

Just my opinion.

Posted · Hidden by Misty Moonshine, June 5, 2013 - Inappropriate language
Hidden by Misty Moonshine, June 5, 2013 - Inappropriate language

Pete! This is BULLSHIT, I was warned also, "Don't let the BITCH get to you"

ENG

Sorry guys. This is the only chance I had to address this to her since she didn't provide me with that ability where she moderates. I felt this was the only chance I had to address her before my 15 day ban was over.

Pete! This is BULLSHIT, I was warned also, "Don't let the BITCH get to you" ENG

COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR!!!!!!

Way to go...classy...Speaks volumes.

Are you drinking...or something?

Sorry guys. This is the only chance I had to address this to her since she didn't provide me with that ability where she moderates. I felt this was the only chance I had to address her before my 15 day ban was over.

An opportunity you should have not taken advantage of.

Poor move...IMHO.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yep...and so...

Look, this isn't the place to air your issues...again, IMHO. It's tacky.

And when you have an opinion such as the one shared by El Negro Gato, you reeeeeally should find a way to state it a bit more tactfully...or not at all.

Phantom

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

RickB,

Enough is enough.

This is a thread about a good partner who may be leaving us - not about your problems. Please cease before it gets this thread pulled.

Gunner -

I think you are making a mistake in leaving. Support for your staying around is overwhelming. Take a few days. Reread what the other members have said, and then come

back and continue to give us your sometimes unique perspective on the subject at hand.

Professor Tull

Ignoring the rancor and invective that some have inserted into what is "none-of-their-business", nor germaine to the OP, Gunner, let me just add my astonishment to your circumstance. I have no need to know, nor wish to know, but... unless you've been a really naughty boy over in some other part of the SASS Forums... Now that I've said that, don't get yer, (ooops, can't say that, I've been warned before for sayin' "don't get your big girl panties in a wad"), and come on back. And, if you really feel that you've been unduly put upon, contact the Administrator to air your grievance. Frankly, I cannot fathom why you'd be singled out.

Unless it's post envy...!

Now! Buck up mi bucko! How the hades am I supposed to contact you when (if) I get up there to shoot the IN BP Guild shoot at the end of the month? I'm studying the possibilities very hard... I actually have a macro working on identifying all the possibilities for landing up there in the north central portion of IN the last week... I REALLY want this to happen... Now, mind ya, the REST of TEXAS is hopin' I don't... as they'll consider it an embarrassment if I go up there and finish in last place. But, I have no doubt their egos will get over it... since I usually finish last down there also!!!!

Posted · Hidden by Misty Moonshine, June 5, 2013 - Inappropriate language
Hidden by Misty Moonshine, June 5, 2013 - Inappropriate language

Pete! This is BULLSHIT, I was warned also, "Don't let the BITCH get to you" ENG

in poor taste. I wish you would modify your post. I'm sure it was made "in the heat of the moment" .

(Dang, I hate agreeing with Phantom......)

It'd be kind of surreal but this would be one thread that the moderators should "touch."

Er, um, maybe the powers that be are booting the wrong person off this here forum.

Geeze! I've heard it all now... Whine, whine, whine. O-poor me... and that goes for all of the parties who are whining here. I guess that they are wanting public sympathy, and for everyone to say "O-Please don't Go". Well guess what..... if you can't get over it, then GO! Anyone who has ever taken a position on the wire has faced some opposition. Most of it is done in a civil manner, but of course some is not. We, as members have no recourse other that to beat our chest and respond in a like manner... which of course just escalates the downward direction of the conversation. Just a little consideration would help to keep things on a more congenial latitude. I'm sure that there are some folks on the wire that Bug us all, but that is just the way it is. Some folks feel that they are obligated to make a comment about every thing that is said on the wire, even when they really do not have anything to add... just noise... again, that is part of the wire. It's been said many times... "The Wire is not SASS", and it is true, if it were I would have quit a long time ago. I've come face to face with a number of the mouth pieces on the wire who have hammered me, only to find that they just don't have what it takes to jump in your face when you are standing there. The moderators have a difficult job trying to keep the peace, and head off trouble before it gets out of hand. As far as I know, nobody has said who it was that issued the warning to GG, and (I have no doubt that it was for good reason)... now get over it, move on, learn form it and don't whine about it anymore. I remember when the last chief monitor issued me a warning.... I was POed... but you know what .. HE WAS RIGHT! I see that some have placed the blame directly on Allie Mo... well, yes.. she does have her opinions, some I agree with , and some I don't.. so what? I have found that she knows the rules better than 99% of the folks. She is growing into this new job, a job without which we would not have a forum which seems to have become the home for some members (I really wonder if some of them ever shoot). She is a good person, and is doing a good job as moderator.

Move along folks, there is nothing to see here.

Snakebite

+1

Pete! This is B******T, I was warned also, "Don't let the B***H get to you" ENG

This is highly inappropriate language, ENG.

To be clear, I am the one "hiding" this post, and, as you can see, have edited the above comment to remove your crude remarks.

If you want to take it up with me, I welcome your respectful communications at any time.

Misty Moonshine

Archived