SASS Wire Forum

FS: Original 1877 Colt Lightning Revolver- SOLD

I hate to part with this as I think it is one of the neatest guns in my collection- however things being the way they are it just doesn't get the attention it deserves.

This is a rare original Colt model 1877 Lightning revolver, .38LC. People have called this the "Storekeepers" model or the "Gambler" due to its short barrel. This one was made in 1883 according to the serial number and it retains a lot of its original nickel plating. It has original Colt black rubber grips that came standard with this gun. The action works great in both single and double action. I really do not see any reason why this can't be fired if you so desire.

I am looking for $1,000 shipped for this gun. No FFL needed due to this being an antique. Although please know your local laws.

Please note that in the picture there are two Colt Lightnings- the one being sold here is the nickel plated one on the top.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/jnicktem/Firearms/c589ed83-4085-49da-a487-490b382a8c63_zpsb637c595.jpg

That's a beautiful gun. Perfect concealed carry in its day. Wish they could talk, tell us where it's been, what it's seen....

Archived