SASS Wire Forum

CARRIER

I know the "Marlin jam" has been discussed at length. I have all the instructions to fix my carrier. However I am not a gunsmith. I would like to replace the carrier with a new one and then when the gun is up and running again work on fixing the old one. What I am asking is: Does any one have a recommendation on where to get a new carrier for an 1894 cowboy in 38/357? Thank you Jimmy Reb.

YES, Cowboy Carty would be a good place to go.

Remington has been desinating 'carriers' as a 'restricted' item and will only sell them to licensed gunsmiths that have a valid FFL.

Anyhow, here is the contact info at Marlin (Remington).

1-800-544-8892 ext: 8705

Your contact person is 'PAM'. She is a SASS member and her alias is 'Periless Patty'.

She and her husband, Tracker Mike, live in NC.

I've been told that other places have carriers also without you having to have an FFL. You can try Brownells at 1-800-741-0015 or Numrich.....I don't have their number.

I wish you well on getting a new carrier.

..........Widder

YES, Cowboy Carty would be a good place to go.

Remington has been desinating 'carriers' as a 'restricted' item and will only sell them to licensed gunsmiths that have a valid FFL.

Anyhow, here is the contact info at Marlin (Remington).

1-800-544-8892 ext: 8705

Your contact person is 'PAM'. She is a SASS member and her alias is 'Periless Patty'.

She and her husband, Tracker Mike, live in NC.

I've been told that other places have carriers also without you having to have an FFL. You can try Brownells at 1-800-741-0015 or Numrich.....I don't have their number.

I wish you well on getting a new carrier.

..........Widder

Does that mean they are no longer avail from Brownells?

GCK:

Its my limited understanding that Brownells still tries to carry the 1894 carriers because Marlin (Remington) will sell to them.

And its only Remington who has decided to make it a restricted item when buying directly from them. Other business, like Brownells, can buy them and sell them directly to customers without an FFL.

I had a friend buy a new 1894 bolt thru Numrich Arms just about 2 weeks ago without having an FFL.

I guess its up to each individual business how they prefer to handle their sales.

..........Widder

GCK:

Its my limited understanding that Brownells still tries to carry the 1894 carriers because Marlin (Remington) will sell to them.

And its only Remington who has decided to make it a restricted item when buying directly from them. Other business, like Brownells, can buy them and sell them directly to customers without an FFL.

I had a friend buy a new 1894 bolt thru Numrich Arms just about 2 weeks ago without having an FFL.

I guess its up to each individual business how they prefer to handle their sales.

..........Widder

Thanks

Is the one for a .357 the same one used for the 38 only CBC?

Archived