SASS Wire Forum

WTB Lee Pro 1000 or ? for de-priming

This may be a silly question given the high demand on reloading equipment right now, but, I was wondering if anybody had an unneeded Lee Pro 1000 they are looking to recoup a little cash out of. I know many of these have ended up in the driveway at the end of a sledge hammer, but, I would like to set up an auto feed de-priming station on my loading bench. I prefer to prime by hand, so I'm looking for a cheap progressive system with a functioning case feed. No need for priming systems or powder measures etc. just one good hole for a universal de-capping die. If anybody has something they think might work, let me know and I'd be glad to discuss replacing it with some cash.

Thanks

SS

That is what I use mine for !

Works great !

I also perfer to hand prim ( LOL )

That just dont sound right :unsure: ( LOL )

The one thing that keeps the 1000 from being a good re-loader is its priming system. My neighbor has one, and had more problems with this system, he was lucky if he could re-load 20 an hour, not to mention the loss of primers. Like he said, it takes a 2 hundred primers to load 100 shells.

Its funny, but he smashed his up in the driveway. He now comes over and uses my Dillon. MT

The poor Pro 1000 gets a lot of bad press. I have 3 of them right now and have no complaints at all. Yes, the primer feed is the problem, but once properly set up it will work just fine. A tech at Lee talked me through the procedure years ago, and I've had no problems since. I actually got rid of my Square Deal because I could load so much faster on the lee. All my 45 Colts and 32 S&w's are loaded on the lees. I had a Loadmaster and had no luck at all with it. I use a 650 Dillon as my 38/357 unit. A nice unit but about 4 times more expensive than the Lee.

MTJ

I'm not trying to bash the Pro 1000. I have lots of lee reloading stuff. I have a Loadmaster that took a little tuning to get right, but, runs like a champ now, and didn't break the bank in additional costs. I do know, however, that running equipment that requires mechanical awareness and tuning can be frustrating to some people, so I thought maybe a frustration for someone could be turned into an opportunity for me and not a total loss for them.

I may even shell out the money for a new one if it comes down to it. De-priming and casting/luber-sizing are probably my two biggest time drains at this point in my process. I'm toying with tumble lubing so if I could come up with a auto feed de-priming idea, without doubling the lever pull count on the loadmaster, I think I would be close to my goal.

SS

Archived