SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Old Army... I'm flabbergasted! (what a curious word)

I was browsing Gunbroker and saw this ROA 5'5" Stainless fixed sight, go for 1400.00!! (+ shipping)

No it ain't my auction...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=341157390

but wow!? That's for one (1) gun.

So, since I have one, same configeration, that's about 98% condition, I'm gonna sell it cheap!! for a measly 1200.00... shipped... includes smooth white Eagle Gunfighter Grips and stock grips.

I'll take pictures of it this weekend... "watch this space"

:ph34r:

McC

Not to brag (much), but I've got a pair of unfired, consecutive numbered, 7.5" stainless steel, fixed sights ROAs in the safe.

They're my retirement plan. :huh:

Why are they so expensive? Just curious, walked into a gunshop the other day and saw a used one for almost $425.00 (no adjustable sights, 7.5 Stainless) and one with adjustable sights for $350.00 (blue). Have I missed something? If I had know the price would go through the roof, I would have keep my two, oh well.

Carbinecasey

Wow, and I have 3 ROAs. 1976 Made in the 200th year of American Liberty SS Adjustable sights, 5.5 SS fixed sight white grips and a 7.5 SS fixed sight white grips . Maybe I should sale them.

HAD - past tense, lol. Sold 'em and bought some more long ones.

Old pic - the two 5 1/2"ers are GONE, but I've picked up some more 7 1/2"ers since this was taken; a pair of fixed sight blued models, which seem to be much less common than the stainless models. :)

RugerOldArmies.jpg

I was browsing Gunbroker and saw this ROA 5'5" Stainless fixed sight, go for 1400.00!! (+ shipping)

No it ain't my auction...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=341157390

So, since I have one, same configeration, that's about 98% condition, I'm gonna sell it cheap!! for a measly 1200.00... shipped... includes smooth white Eagle Gunfighter Grips and stock grips.

McC

So would you sell me back the set I sold you for the bargain price of say...$4000

So would you sell me back the set I sold you for the bargain price of say...$4000

And to sweeten the deal, I'll even throw in some of your .457 ball and some Wonder Wads!

I recently went into a "Greedy Gun shop" that was selling a 6 inch Python for $4500.00. I asked if he'd be interested in my pair of Pythons for $10,000.00. He did not find the humor in that.....Flabbergasted about sums it up!

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

McC

$1,400... that has got to be a typo... that don't make no sense. I have a couple...

Why in the hell would these dinosaur heavy-weights be worth that much?

ts

Sorry... McCandless... reckon I found out perty quick.

Offered $2,200 for the pair... who would have thought such a thing...

Don't need to and ain't gonna sell... but that is absolutely astonishing.

It does not make any rhyme or reason...

Muzzleloaders... dam muzzleloaders. huh...

Sorry to doubt yore veracity... I owe ya....

ts

I've got a set of ss 7 1/2 with the conversion cylinders....had no idea they were worth much more than that for two let alone one.

KK

I have sold 8 of them over the last 2 years, and NEVER asked or got that kind of price. (Guess it was my loss) Just never figgered they were worth that sort'a money. Still don't. They are a copy of nothing, resemble nothing ( a Super BlackHawk maybe), and handle like a brick. Figger they are worth what an idiot will pay for them. HMO!!!

Al

I have four sets of fixed sight models. One set of each variant. One set of blued 7 1/2"s came from McCandless. I got them all when they were reasonably priced.

It is the 5 1/2" stainless model that are commanding the high dollar bids right now. The high mark price on Gun Broker this past year, as of today, is $1850. FOR ONE. It did come with a R&D conversion cylinder though.

All fixed sight models are climbing in price.....Hell, actually all Ruger Old Armies are climbing. They will keep climbing as supplys dry up.

MINE ARE NOT FOR SALE :)

After further discussions regarding the price I got... I think the fella who made the offer was jerking my chain.

Now he says he knows another fella that wants 'em for $2,200... and he can sell 'em for me, and take his 10% cut on the deal. Sounds too much like a real estate agent wanting to list a piece a property to me.

However, anything approaching the ROA sell prices that you can find on gunbroker, etc.... still seem unreasonable to me. Hell... I did not pay but $800 for the pair when I bought 'em. This has got to be a bubble waitin' to burst.

ts

Have you checked out the prices of the "Old" model Vaquero. The regular old used ones are selling between $500 and $700 on Gunbroker. Three years ago, I was buying them for $325 a piece.

I guess as soon as Ruger quits making something, everybody wants one.

Have you checked out the prices of the "Old" model Vaquero. The regular old used ones are selling between $500 and $700 on Gunbroker. Three years ago, I was buying them for $325 a piece.

I guess as soon as Ruger quits making something, everybody wants one.

Same goes for anything......ammo, gunpowder, primers, Edsel?

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided that I'm going to part with some of my Ruger Old Army herd.

Guess I'll start with a pair of 5'5" Fixed Sight Models in Gloss Stainless

002.JPG

I'll start another post with prices and pictures.

Duc McC

Ruger will never make the Old Armies again. It's the lack of transfer bar issue and product liability. Plus they were never a big seller outside of the cowboy action market.

Even tho ole Bill Ruger many times stated that they would always make the OA. Blasted bean counters...

Prices have gome down to $600.00 on GB now.

But not on the fixed sight (SASS - Legal) models... there's none available on Gunbroker right now. If there was one at that price, I'da bought it!

Archived