SASS Wire Forum

PIZZA FRIDAY!

Grizzly Dave

Well I'm home from the John Wayne Birthplace Celebration. Had a good time. Here's a photo of me at the birthplace.

You look wonderful CPK. Glad you had a good time. We need to get out there to visit our relative's birthplace some time.......

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's Sunday mornin.

After being HOT yesterday, this morning is a cool 64 which feels really nice, but the forecast calls for near 90 today.

Will go to church in a bit, then a pot luck afterwards. After that I reckon I'd best get back on my belly digging out the sprinkler manifold box so I can get to where the leak is and repair it.

We're taking a brown sugar pound cake for the potluck, with a caramel glaze. It sure smells good. Also taking some chicken in the crock pot dish.

I imagine there will be a Lowes or home depot run so I'll pick up a bag of charcoal so I can grill up some brats either today or tomorrow.

Oh, forgot to report I put the tractor on the battery charger yesterday before noon. Finally remembered it again about midnight when I was already in bed. But, I couldn't leave it on unattended overnight so I took it off. Tried starting it this morning, and viola, it started! Surprised me so much I let off the brake with my hand and ran over my foot before I got it stopped :D If I get the sprinkler box fixed maybe I'll see to getting a tube in the tractor tire so I can get the back 40 mowed.

So, I'm still way sore from yesterday, so haven't made it out to work on the sprinkler system.

Grabbed my boy to help me with the swamp cooler, I don't climb on roofs no more. So he puts in the drain plug, plugs in the pump and the fan, and I turn on the water under the sink in the upstairs bathroom. I go out on the deck, is the water filling? No, it's not even running. Well, I hear water running under the sink, it's going somewhere, so he gets off the roof and pokes his head up thru the attic access hole, hope, don't see any water dripping. So, it's turn the water off cuz it's going somewhere. That's when we notice the water dripping from the door frame. I guess we'll call my swamp cooler guy, I don't do attics any more either.

CB, yeah, but gotta get the swamp cooler going afore it goes and gets too hot, or I can't sleep at night.

I think I'll drag a hose for the front yard tomorrow, if'n I still have one long enough.

Whut was you saying? Youse was sayin' you need to buy Calico Mary a new set of Cimarron Lightnings.....3 1/2" barrels, checkered grips.....

Whut was you saying? Youse was sayin' you need to buy Calico Mary a new set of Cimarron Lightnings.....3 1/2" barrels, checkered grips.....

How many shades of blue can you turn. :blink:

Now that we got that outta the way, you gonna come over and clean my living room and wash my car? I got the kitchen and bathroom done already...

Well, that does sound like more fun than laying on my belly digging in the sprinkler box with a toothpick and a spoon....

Daughter Grizz just left for her second interview with Target, wishes and prayers for success are appreciated.

OK, Em and I went to Al Bert and Sons to get vittles, got brats, buns, catelope, watermelon, chips, and she made a tuna macaronii salad last night.

Oh, got some charcoal too.

Archived