SASS Wire Forum

Federal Primers at Recobs!

LARGE RIFLE & PISTOL PRIMERS ARE LIMITED TO 1000 TYPE-SMALL RIFLE & PISTOL PRIMERS ARE LIMITED TO 2000 PER TYPE (NOT PER BRAND)PER ORDER.

POWDER LIMITS-RIFLE/PISTOL 4-1lb OR 1-4/5lb OR 1-8lb.-SHOTGUN 4-1lb OR 2-4lb OR 1-8lb.

Well, forget shipping. HAZMAT adds $27.50 to the order.

Good deal if you happen to live in Wisconsin

Hey, I figured there were people on here who were hurting for primers so I posted it. I bought 2,000 small federals plus 5,000 Winchester 209s. I'll sell the 209s to pards who need them (for what they cost me, no profit) and end up paying $36 per thousand on the Federals, which in today's environment isn't bad. You can always combine your purchase with other stuff, or just ignore my post.

That was a good post, Bill! Even with the Hazmat fee, it aint a bad deal at all especially considering how hard they are to find Thanks for putting that up.

• 2 weeks later...

Captain,

Thanks for the heads up on this.

My order of 2,000 each of FSP, FLP, and Win 209, plus 2 lb of H110 arrived on May 30

Should be enough to carry me thru the current hoarding and until my open orders with Graf And Mid South arrive, some time in the next 12 months.

Good shooting with you at River Bend Georgia 2013 Annual.

Amarillo Rattler

Who the He** is Recobs???

Want to know??

Al

Recobs is a shooting supplier in Wisconsin geared mainly for trap/skeet crowd. I have gotten good pricing, very courteous service and would buy from them again.

Periodically they have once fired hulls (after big matches). You have to call and check for them though. I bought either 3000 or 3500 once fired STS for $135 shipped. Last me 10 years as little as I shoot.

http://www.recobstargetshop.com/browse.cfm/2,60.html

Recobs is a shooting supplier in Wisconsin geared mainly for trap/skeet crowd. I have gotten good pricing, very courteous service and would buy from them again.

Periodically they have once fired hulls (after big matches). You have to call and check for them though. I bought either 3000 or 3500 once fired STS for $135 shipped. Last me 10 years as little as I shoot.

http://www.recobstargetshop.com/browse.cfm/2,60.html

Man!! Wish they were closer!! Thanks for the reply.

Al

Local shop had CCI pistol for 68/1000

Shops and other retailers charging that kind of price are the ones that I will avoid patronizing when things return to normal. In particular, I will never buy anything from Cheaper than Dirt.

Recob's is a family shop that does much of their business for trap/skeet shooters. They have a very nice, modern shop in Prairie du Sac, WI. About a half mile from my daughter, 30 miles from my house and 30 miles from Madison which is 40 square miles of city surrounded by reality. Recob's do a nice business with all powders and primers for rifle, pistol and shotguns. The carry a good selection of loaders, part for loaders, shot and bullets but not much for lead bullets. Their prices for primers, shot and powder are better than the local Gander store. They haven't been gouging like other shops have been. They are friendly and will shoot the bull if they aren't swamped with mail orders which seems more and more these days. I don't take anything away from any other shops but this is a legit, above board operation.

Hey look...a gift horse! Let's go look in his mouth!

When I read the title, I knew where it would go. No good deed goes unpunished. The price they are charging is in line with pre December prices. If their (Recobs) goal was simply to turn as much profit as possible without any thought to serving as many people as possible, the smart thing to do would be to jack the price up, have no limit, and sell their entire inventory to a small group and leave the rest to...not be able to shoot. IMO, they are operating their business in a fashion that we should appreciate.

Hi Captain Bill, ifin you gotum I am need of some federal primers! Large & small.

johnahammonds@bellsouth.net

Got to love the price. The problem I have is with the 2000 limit was funny when there is a 5000 button.

They are a great shop. Up until the Great Panic they could sell 5 K quantities (or more) of primers and not deplete their stocks. The button is still there because they haven't reworked the web site to turn it off now that they have to limit quantities to try to keep a larger number of customers happy.

Not a problem in the big scheme of things! If that is all you have a problem with, it's something you can easily get over until panic buying subsides.

Good luck, GJ

Whatever they're doing, it's working. They still have some Federals, Winchesters and CCI. I hope this is a sign the market is loosening up.

I think it is. Local Walmarts have gone from EMPTY to 80-85% bare on ammo shelves. That's a substantial jump in last two weeks.

Archived