SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS Update: 21 May

The Team SASS forum remains very busy as 2A information at the state and federal level is being posted and exchanged daily. The SASS gang remains engaged and active in keeping their
fingers on the pulse of what’s going on in their respective states—the Colorado and California gangs being the most active right now given their relative and recent situations.

In my area, the lobbying efforts at the national level of the groups with whom we are associated continue unabated through this recent “period of calm.” Democrats are re-crafting their gun legislation in order to reintroduce it after making a few cosmetic changes they hope will be more palatable to the pro-gun element so they can slip it by us. Regardless of what they call it or how they paint it this time around, we must oppose their actions with strong resolve. No Compromise on the Second Amendment must be our stand. We’re being asked by our national partners to continue putting pressure on all our representatives and senators.

I contacted Larry Pratt, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America recently
over the planned armed march on Washington scheduled for 4 July and instigated
by a former Marine with a somewhat checkered record of service. Larry and I are on the same page in opposing this ill-advised action. If such a march is conducted, it could very easily result
in “unintended consequences” nobody wants and will serve only to limit our options. Truthfully, I’ll be surprised and disappointed if this march does occur. I believe the originator will eventually “look behind him” and see nobody or very few are following his lead and call the whole thing off…at least that’s my hope.

We are soldiering on and I salute Team SASS for their continued dedication and engagement in this fight.

Keep the heat on high, your nerves steeled and your resolve unrelenting...

Colonel Dan

Archived