SASS Wire Forum

How long does it take your club to post match scores

Dungannon Gunner

With A.C.E.S. I post before leaving range or at lunch a few minutes later. Then try to get on website same night or sunday.

We pass the iPad around at lunch so everyone can see.

Painted Filly

The Greene County Regulators use A.C.E.S. for scoring and usually have scores on our website by late afternoon the day of the shoot. We could do it quicker but there is no cell service near our range.

Lucky

grin.png

Miakka Misfits posts the results the same day as the match. Usually about two to three hours. Also the results are printed out with copies available at the end of the match and winners are congratulated.

CB

Dapper Dick, I know what you mean. Complaining about it gets nowhere. It's not the fact that the person who is supposed to post the scores doesn't know how to do it, he's just too lazy. However, their website has cowboy music and everything. Try to run against these people and they fill the ballot box with xerox copies of ballots. Just can't beat the "family". Too bad, because it used to be a decent club until these outsiders, (who rarely if ever shoot), took over. Talk to the Territorial Governor of the club and all you get is B.S. He's more interested in how you dress. Their logic is; "It's just fun". If it was up to them they wouldn't even have a timer. It's more of a fashion show and watch me shoot my rare old guns and take about 5 minutes doing so. Oh yeah, never once saw any of them pick up one peice of brass. Scores? They haven't a clue.

Just in case anyone is interested in the close to accurate (we had a few hanging chads)results.

4 hours are less= 7 clubs

Same day= 12 clubs

2 days = 10 clubs

3 to 4 days= 1 club

Never= 5 clubs

Total of 35 clubs

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, June 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, June 3, 2013 - No reason given

I dunno, but you best keep an eye out for this guy...

DunganonGunner.jpg

The scorekeeper and I were the last ones to leave the range today, and that was about 2:45 - the scores were emailed to us at 7:14, so that comes to about 4 1/2 hours.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Some seem riled up that the score postings aren't immediate.

This may sound wrong to some of you, but the guy or gal who does the score cyphering and posting is [more than likely] doing it for FREE on their OWN TIME.

So I don't fret over the scores not being available for a few days or even longer.

Maybe you could help them by sticking around to get it done.

Mustang Gregg

Some broken hearts never mend,
some memories never end,
some tears will never dry,
this @&$%ing thread will never die.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Some seem riled up that the score postings aren't immediate.

This may sound wrong to some of you, but the guy or gal who does the score cyphering and posting is [more than likely] doing it for FREE on their OWN TIME.

So I don't fret over the scores not being available for a few days or even longer.

Maybe you could help them by sticking around to get it done.

Mustang Gregg

Mustang Gregg, you R correct sir

sometimes shoot and scooters seem to forget that cowboy action shooting is run by volenteers

volenteers like any group of folks, some are faster than others, some are web masters, most are NOT etc

it takes a combination of time - energy - money to do anything in life

scores are the same

web page, computers, smart phones for aces would be the $$ factor in something as simple as

posting scores

mileage will always vary

Archived