SASS Wire Forum

How long does it take your club to post match scores

Dungannon Gunner

If your club shoots on Saturday, when might you expect to see the match scores posted? One, two, three, thirty days etc.

Ours are posted 4 hours tops.

The Deadwood Marshals (Louisiana) provide the scores at lunch after the shoot.

They are usually posted on our web site later that day.

It seems to me it should not be a big effort to have the scores available 'quick-smart' -

(what with the modern computer technology!)

Now, if your group still uses stop-watches with paper and pencil, the time needed to have scores available may be different.

One of the three clubs I shoot at sometimes NEVER post scores. Many a fine shooter has stopped coming and I soon will be one of them. Sad, but I feel it's a dying club.

Actually, it would depend on a couple things.

Is the person doing the website always at the match? Or do they have to wait on someone to send them the scores? Are the scores calculated at the match...electricity available...internet available...etc

Most times, a week should be the maximum time needed. But a day or two should be the likely time

Two of the clubs I shoot monthly are using aces so scores are done when we finish shooting. Our state organization lists the scores for all clubs in the state as long as the club sends them in. They usually have them up within a couple of days. Oftentimes that same day.

Bar 3 uses ACES & scores are up when we eat lunch right after the shoot. ( Yea Candy & Sheryl )

I upload the scores as soon as I get home. Usually 4 hours, 2 hour drive each way plus lunch on the way home.

Even uploaded the scores when I was in Austrailia, Hawaii, New York City. Technology is neat. I ain't a spring chicken either (60) but I knows my way around a 'puter.

Ours are usually up on our website within a few hours. If by chance Captn Cutter isn't at the match it'll be up within a few days.

He does a great job for us!

Frenchy

At our local club we've had the pleasure of Bookworm Sandy coming to our matches..

She doesn't shoot but her husband Count Sandor shoots that big ol' holy black stuff..

She has the Aces system.. and we have the scores before we leave.. Thanks Sandy..

They are posted on our clubs website within 2-3 days..

The other club I shoot at we normally have them upon their website within the week..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' ain't complainin'... braggin' :)

There are over a dozen clubs I've shot at, that I still don't know what my time was, or how I placed. Most the time i see problems were the club doesn't have a seperate website, rather shares with the host shooting ranges that I see a lack of posting scores and club news. MT

I usually get them up on the website by 8pm the day of the shoot...

One local club posts within a day or two, the other gets an e-mail out within the same time frame. Both clubs have the totals immediately after the match if you want to stick around and take the ribbing :D

CR

One club has them on the website within 5-24 hours generally. The other I shoot regularly emails them within a couple of days.

I appreciate the faithful service of those who spend the time to make the scores available. Sometimes real lives get in the way and it takes longer, but that's understandable.

Grizz

The Kaskaskia Cowboys scorekeeper , "Wagons HO" (just happens to be my wife ) hands out the scores about 10 minutes after the last posse finishes. They are usually posted online within a couple of hours, a day at the latest. She has good help too. They do a great job of getting scores out before the guns are all put away.

Am I earning brownie points yet?

Wagonmaster Ward

Hi Dungannon,

Ours are usually posted the same day. If the Webmaster is out of town, it may take longer. I have no problems with a delay. People do what they can, when they can, as fast as they can. I'm just grateful that I don't have to do scores.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Thanks to Cliffy, the RR Bar usually has the scores up in 3 - 4 days. Scores

However, his whale-oil powered intrawebs connection can be a mite bit slow at times.

Hi Dungannon,

Ours are usually posted the same day. If the Webmaster is out of town, it may take longer. I have no problems with a delay. People do what they can, when they can, as fast as they can. I'm just grateful that I don't have to do scores.

Regards,

Allie Mo

It's tough when the Eldorado Cowboy webmaster (me) is on the road when scores need to be posted. It's too hard to see on my itty bitty iPhone screen to post them from the truck. Maybe this is a good excuse for me to buy a iPad. :D

If your club uses ACES, they can be up before you leave the range. :)

I think ACES is the coolest way to do scores! :D But I AM a techno-geek. <<<grin>>

We try to post them by Sunday or Monday, Wensday at the latest. Sometimes with SASS on Sat. and WB on Sunday we are a little beat by the time we get home. Plus we have other stuff to do like mow the yard...etc...etc. I try to post the stages by Wensday before the match for SASS and Thursday for WB, that gives you three days to go over them. I hope that's good enough. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

The local area clubs have scores printed to handout right after everyone gets their gear loaded. I post scores for several clubs, usually Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.

We are still in the "testin' mode with ACES. Takes a bit for folks to manage something different.

Olen

We use ACES at two of the clubs I shoot at here, Utah War and Utah Territory Gunslingers, so we have results as soon as the last Posse finishes shooting. I try and have scores e-mailed out later that day to everyone that shot. I will also usually post them on the ACES site as well.

Butch

Archived