SASS Wire Forum

CALIFORNIA MICROSTAMPING AT IT'S BEST

Okay, technical question:

Originally, the "microstamp" engraving was to have been on the firing pin.

Then there was discussion about it being on the bolt face.

Any idea which it really is? :huh:

Also - "Effective immediately." Does that refer to all handguns sold from this point forward, or manufactured from this point forward? Reckon the already ridiculously inflated costs just ballooned. :(

Damn - I knew I shoulda put some dollars down on that pistol I was admiring last Saturday! :angry:

My understanding is that it is only on new firearms that are not on the approved list. If your gun is on the list right now you are grandfathered. Once the gun falls off the list and a new one is added it will have to have microstamping

I applaud folks in CA that are still standing strong and fighting the fight.....we here in NJ are about to get screwed royally as well, and unfortunately, 11 out of 10 gun owners don't give a hoot......that includes fellow cowboy shooters I've spoken with....

I applaud folks in CA that are still standing strong and fighting the fight.....we here in NJ are about to get screwed royally as well, and unfortunately, 11 out of 10 gun owners don't give a hoot......that includes fellow cowboy shooters I've spoken with....

Shame on them! <_<

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Bad guy is not going to stop and pick up brass from his semi auto. But this brings up another couple of scenarios.

1. Bad guy goes to gun range to practice. While there he walks the firing line picking up spent 9mm cases. Bad guy acquires 9mm revolver. Bad guy robs store shooting two people. Dumps same number of 9mm cases on floor as he leaves. This becomes an evidence nightmare.

2. Same situation but bad guy has access to local gun range where police departments train. Brass is from police training.

Bad guy leaves no prints on fired brass by wearing gloves during pick up and a plastic sandwich bag to dump at scene.

-----------

This would tie up resources trying to figure out who had handled the brass and locating them for questioning. And in the second scenario, the evidence would point towards police officers.

The brass would not longer be a viable piece of evidence.

It's crazy isn't it?

Forget logic or worst case scenarios for a moment. Speculating everything thrown at us pointless. Fighting is imperative! Never forget the agenda of the left is the furthering of the state. Any "chaos" or "collateral damage" is an added benefit to the lead to more legislative action and more centralized planning. All the while, you have an expanding welfare state and dumbed down education system herding people to look to a central authority.

Archived