SASS Wire Forum

Rank Scoring

charlietwogunz

SASS/CAS without the '97 would be akin to Laurel without Hardy, Harley without Davidson, Sears without Roebuck, Walter without Leroy, and Widder without a shotgun..... :lol:

..........WIdder

black powder without smoke :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the nature of Rank Point scoring. I've been to matches where the entire thing hinges on one shot. 5 second bonus for a hit, 5 second penalty for a miss. That's a 10 second target. Better hope the spotters are paying attention in case you get an edger....

yup

that is when fellers like China Camp were stars

perhaps, shooting is more than just shootin the fastest

yikes

I just said (perhaps)

mental control, shooting well and fast, a combination of all

the fastest car does not always win nascar races

its always more than just speed

Heck I can't even read Griff's post in that frilly lookin text. I have to expand it way to much on the iPad. Or put my glass' on, which defeats the purpose of the iPad. I can read everybody else's post just.

Is this better? I just hate that standard font... and take no responsibility for what ipad or iphone does.

SASS/CAS without the '97 would be akin to Laurel without Hardy, Harley without Davidson, Sears without Roebuck, Walter without Leroy, and Widder without a shotgun..... :lol:

..........WIdder

Widder... true dis... back in the '80s I used to argue with Judge Roy Bean and Tex that the '97 should be a modern category qualifier, like the Ruger... (I had no problem with the '97 as legal... just thought that since it was such a late comer, modern should be its baliwick. The Judge didn't respond to my taunts... but Tex (who shot a Ruger at the time)... said, the Judge shots a Colt SAA, and a '97... so the '97 will remain legal for Traditional. Note that dot at the end of that sentence... it wasn't inferred... he actually said, "...Traditional, PERIOD!" I ain't argued since. Well... that point anyway!

Judging your shooting on how well others do.

I try not to!

If I base my enjoyement of CAS on how I stack up against others, then i'm bound to be disappointed. I try to work on one thing in a match. It may be really concentrating on loading my shotgun, or no rifle misses, etc. sometimes I work on speed. Maybe one of these days I'll put it all together and win a buckle, but until then i'm pretty darn happy pokin along, just enjoying the bang & clang, and visditing with my friends. I try to shoot clean, but if I have a miss, I dont let it bother me, I just continue on.

Archived