SASS Wire Forum

OT - Tomorrow is Armed Forces Day

Utah Bob #35998

Thanks for the reminder there Mr. Bob...with Memorial Day coming up, I had almost forgotten.
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard, both those currently serving and former members...thank you.

CPT. JACK

When I was a boy there were parades on Armed Forces Day.

And westerns on tv.

And real Halloween trick or treating, not at a mall.

And toy guns.

Sigh.......

I need a drink.

Indeed Tomorrow I will be riding my bike in a 20 mile torch run relay along with over 1,000 members of the LASD to show support for both service man and woman along with families of deceased law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty. Runners and bikers are invited to join along the route. Its quite a display even for a jaded city like LA!

Tomorrow is now today. Give a salute to the boys at Lexington Green, the men of the Alamo, The Wood of the Marine Brigade, Pearl Harbor, Normandy, Chosin, Khe Sanh, X-ray, Desert Storm, Ramadi, Taka Gur and the many small battles fought all over the globe to preserve our freedom. Battles sometimes won and sometimes lost, but always fought by free men.

E Pluribus Unum!

Thanks men. Ya make me proud and humble. :FlagAm:

I ran a local 5K yesterday morning with my Air Force running shorts, t-shirt and cap to honor the military in my own way. I was disappointed no one even knew about the day at the race.

The local Harley Davidson dealer had a rally, flag from Arlington, bagpipes playing and did it up right. I was very proud of their effort to honor our military.

Archived