SASS Wire Forum

Colorado Sheriffs file suit against new gun control laws

Utah Bob #35998

Guest Two Fingers Slim

God Bless them all!! I'll say a prayer for them to succeed in their endeavors. Should they succeed in court and it makes it through the appeals stage it may help us here in California. Good luck!!!!

Two Fingers Slim

I hope so! As of today California has micro stamping on all simi-auto firearms!

Only 8 Sheriffs in the state are not in on the suit. They are mostly from urban counties around Denver. I'm proud that my Sheriff, a democrat, is standing with the majority in fighting these idiotic laws. Thanks Sheriff Martin!

Only 8 Sheriffs in the state are not in on the suit. They are mostly from urban counties around Denver. I'm proud that my Sheriff, a democrat, is standing with the majority in fighting these idiotic laws. Thanks Sheriff Martin!

...good for that democrat ( rare)

GG

UB, is there a list somewhere of the Sheriffs, either that are or are not part of this? Not that Buick and I are holding out much hope for ours....

Yes.

http://davekopel.org/

Go down to the link, "54 Sheriffs et al v.Hickenlooper"

Thanks UB! And I will admit, I am very shocked, good ole' Sheriff Mink of Jeffco IS actually on the list..... ;)

All is not lost. Let him know you appreciate it.

We will, and are already discussing a donation to the cause, we just have to see how bad our Visa bills are from the vacation first. Even though I'm not crazy about Mink, he is the one and only person I've voted for in the last few elections that actually won (he ran unopposed, and I figured if he didn't get enough votes then one of these days the Dems might decided to have someone run against him. Better the evil that we know about than the one we don't.....)

• 2 weeks later...

God Bless them all!! I'll say a prayer for them to succeed in their endeavors. Should they succeed in court and it makes it through the appeals stage it may help us here in California. Good luck!!!!

Two Fingers Slim

I hope so! As of today California has micro stamping on all simi-auto firearms!

If we go to the case right below. Jackson v. San Francisco there is a little hope. After reading it there is a ray of sunshine if the justices see it that we can get a lot of laws overturned here. Sighting undue burden and the lack of access to commonly owned firearms being unconstitutional. Would like to see something on the state ballot to end all the firearms garbage.

Archived