SASS Wire Forum

WTT: PIETTA 1860 .44 ARMY FOR '51 NAVY .36

Hello the camp! The project is turning a '51 .36 cal c&b into a .38 S&W cartridge pocket pistol. I've had the kit for years, looking for the 'right' candidate.

Well, I thought I got one at WR this year. Got it home and, just before the 'Snoopy dance', noticed it was a .44 '60 Army, steel frame, brass grip, made by Pietta. I understand it was a WR or RailHead door prize; unfired, but a bit of a booboo on the bottom of right grip

So, I still need a .36 Navy, for this project a brass frame is acceptable. If you want to trade, I'll pay shipping both ways. Kindly reply to email in profile or sigline [sorry, PM is a pain]. thxnregards. mm

Mike Webb

Sierra Vista, AZ

Well, I never said I was smart. I'm looking to copy one I saw many moons ago. It is a playtoy, easy to limit to bp or mouse loads--.38s&w is not suchamuch to begin with. Thanks for your concern, but non compis in the mentals will out. mm

Can I see a picture? I have a 51. Pietta. Been Jonesing for an 1860 44 and a .36 Uberti Remington 1858.

tjc0006@yahoo.com

Shameless Womanizer

Hi MM:

Let me look today & see if I have one.

Nope, don't have one.

--Dawg

I apologize for the rush job--first road trip since surgery and want to get out of Dodge..

http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/malpaismike/library/TRADE_BAIT_051713?sort=3&page=1

Purty straight-forward pistola. Pic with blue block poorly shows "HARTFORD" stamp. Pic of loading lever poorly shows .44 cal. Part grip shows insp cartouche copy. Full grip shows booboo on bottom rear of right grip. Other two pics of once-good towel I set a bleach cup----oh, wait, I already caught wifehell for that, so it must be pistol pics [whew].

Hope this helps. I'll be back Sun; let me know if more info desired. thxnregards mm

Howdy Malpais,

I have a .36 1851 that is a cap jamming &%)$&(. that would be an excellent start for your conversion as it would never see a cap again. It is a square back steel frame Uberti, low mileage. I am heading in the .44 direction and this would get me there and reduce my heartburn.

You going to be at the Payson shoot Sunday?

CP

Uh, that looks to be a brass framed 1860, not steel as described in OP.

FM

MM,

I have an 1851 steel frame .36 from Navy Arms Co. that I bought in the late 70's. Barrel, bore, frame, case coloring, loading lever grip and brass trigger guard are in great shape. The clyinder notches, some of the screws and wedge are a little messed up. Wedge can be cleaned and cold blued. The gun functions, but poorly. It will need to have the inner workings replaced and tuned.

I have a new trigger/bolt spring, bolt and hammer spring that will come with the gun.

Let me know if you would like pictures.

Thanks,

Tully

FM

FM

Agreed, I have zero nada no interest in a trade for a brass frame at all.

Hello the camp! Finest kind weekend in the tules; even made smoke at Payson with Coconino Pistolero and 20 ro so of my best pards, and a couple new ones to boot.

Such a good weekend, It'll be a while before anyone can lick the red off my lollipop [sW came close, but he's easy to ignore and can troll someone else's post]. To clear the air, pics don't lie--pistol is brass frame; must'a missed my nap on posting day.

Muchas gracias for your interest, but I'm gonna try to make medicine with Tully Mars if still interested [PM sent]. thxnregards mm

I would be happy to make medicine. Personally I love my BRASS frame 51 sheriff's, as long as you don't go crazy with the powder charge they will hold up a long time! Email is on the way.

Prairie Dawg, any chance you are still selling the shoulder holster for a short barrel 1860? Do you see where this is heading?

Tully

Archived