SASS Wire Forum

Taylor's & Co. : Great Vendor

Checotah

Just want to publicly commend Taylor's & Co. for great customer service.

I bought a pair of Uberti Cattlemen last year, intending to venture into the Darkside. I noticed a difference in the cylinder/barrel gap in the two pistolas, so I stuck them into the safe until I had a chance to have a gunsmith check them out. Well, time passes when yer having fun.... A few months back I finally dug them out, wiped the dust off, and stopped off at the gunsmith's. He told me that one of the guns was fine, but that he would be concerned about the other, the one with a bigger gap. He suggested I contact Taylor's (from whom I indirectly bought them) to see if they might be able to help.

Back into the safe with the pistolas, until I got around to it. Today, I found the "round tuit". Thought I'd look a little closer at the problem. I mic'd the length of the cylinders and discovered one was .032" shorter, accounting for the gap difference. I verified it by switching the cylinders, and the problem moved with the shorter cylinder.

I sent an email to Taylor's, explaining the problem, noting that they had not been fired (yeah, I know...) and asking if there was something they could do to help, recognizing I had the guns for about a year, and not knowing what to expect. I was extremely pleased to receive a quick response, asking me to send the faulty gun to them for repair and an apology for missing the issue.

Now, that's what I call GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

It should be noted that I have no affiliation with Taylor's other than a very satisfied customer. Don't want this to turn into a "pat 'em on the back" fest that could get the post pulled; just want to offer credit where credit is definitely due!

I can also attest to their excellent customer service.

Rye ;)

Archived