rounds he's requested.

As the "Great Ammunition Shortage"

continues, police departments across the country are struggling to

supply their arsenals. One police chief turned to the community for

help, and citizens stepped up.

In Proctor, Minnesota, police chief Walter Wobig says that his

suppliers have told him he'll have to wait "months" for the 1,000

rounds he's requested.

When Wobig turned to the residents of Proctor by putting out a call for help meeting his department's ammo needs, citizens contacted his office, eager to help.

"The citizens were like, 'If you need something, we got plenty here,'" said Wobig.

One resident and a Proctor police officer loaned 1,500 rounds from their personal stockpile to the department.

The Chief says others offered to help too. "I had several other

calls from other citizens that said, 'Hey, if you need more ammunition

we have plenty,'" said Wobig.

The Chief says that when his ammunition order is filled, he will be repaying the citizens for their contributions.

I see this all over this great country of ours.

Seems folks aren't going to wait for help from "their" government , but are taking government into their own hands.

Now....if we can only keep from making the same mistake this time around ! :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Maybe the police can't get any ammo because the citizens are hoarding it? Just a thought.

I wouldn't give 'em one round! They got more money than I do! I work for my money and ammo/reloading supplies are expensive. They can kiss my A$% before I give the city anything for free! I don't get anything from them for free!!

Rye :angry:

Yup, everybody's stepping up to the plate. Kinda hard to tell which team they're on, sometimes.

Saw a street sign in front of a pawn shop yesterday that indicated they had 9mm for sale.

I wouldn't give 'em one round! They got more money than I do! I work for my money and ammo/reloading supplies are expensive. They can kiss my A$% before I give the city anything for free! I don't get anything from them for free!!

It's a loan, not a freebie. He said he'd repay the citizens when the order comes in.

Does MN have any weird ammo transfer laws? Some of the proposed laws in CA would make those "transfers" illegal. In either direction.

Not to my knowledge.

Should have robbed the bank whist they was out, drat foiled again!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Knarley

Not to my knowledge.

Should have robbed the bank whist they was out, drat foiled again!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Knarley

Pssst! They weren't exactly "out". ;)

Marshal Will Kane had a town that wouldn't support him.

Good for the folks for supporting their local city police. We're supposed to be on the same side.

And, the Chief asked...he didn't demand or confiscate.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

You musta grew up in the same town I did...

Got semi-scalped one time... durin' a horrendous post-pullover-pistol-whippin'... 80 sutures.

ts

Archived