SASS Wire Forum

For you, ze war game is over!

Subdeacon Joe

German paratrooper left red faced after he has to be rescued from tree by firefighters

A group of crack German soldiers were

left decisively red-faced after they were left dangling from trees by

their parachutes and had to be rescued by firemen.

The team of elite paratroopers were blown off course by a freak gust of wind after jumping from a plane near the town of Dueren.

The eight soldiers had been taking part in an exercise with other infantrymen from across Europe when the incident took place.

Um....I may be a bit naive, but isn't the idea of training exercises like this to learn how to deal with unexpected situations?

I thought they issued paratroopers sharp instruments created to cut shroud lines in situations like this?

I had a florescent orange switchblade knife with shround cutter blade and lanyard that I think US paratroopers carried in a pouch on leg of flight suit, or maybe it was for pilots? Stepdad gave it to me almost 50 years ago? Lost it many years ago unfortunately.

Kid Kneestone

I thought they issued paratroopers sharp instruments created to cut shroud lines in situations like this?

I had a florescent orange switchblade knife with shround cutter blade and lanyard that I think US paratroopers carried in a pouch on leg of flight suit, or maybe it was for pilots? Stepdad gave it to me almost 50 years ago? Lost it many years ago unfortunately.

Kid Kneestone

You start cutting up issued equipment in a training exercise that's not a life or death situation and you'll be peeling potatoes at the Fallschirmjaeger barracks for quite a while. :D

During the war US Paratroopers were issued the M2 switchblade.

The hook blade orange one was issued in the 60s and 70s. I don't think they are anymore.

You start cutting up issued equipment in a training exercise that's not a life or death situation and you'll be peeling potatoes at the Fallschirmjaeger barracks for quite a while. :D

During the war US Paratroopers were issued the M2 switchblade.

The hook blade orange one was issued in the 60s and 70s. I don't think they are anymore.

Are they going to get the chute out of the trees without cutting it up?

Are they going to get the chute out of the trees without cutting it up?

You can do that without a lot of truoble. Just takes time.

Looks like the guy was making a Hollywood jump. No rope or equipment.

Archived