SASS Wire Forum

Police: Skull in recycling likely homicide victim

Subdeacon Joe

It's one of those major recycling factilities where stuff gets trucked in. They might be able to get a good guess at which community from other trash nearby. It depends on how diligent people are in removing address labels.

California Waste Solutions processes recycling material from across the San Francisco Bay Area.

I work in a recycling plant, we recycled bales of cardboard boxes. I've often wondered if we've ever recycled body parts.. We've found just about everything imaginable in them. Diamond rings, old silver coins, mammograms, medical records, bones, etc. The folks that bale this stuff are pretty good at hiding things in the bales. For example, I've never seen a tire in a bale, but I've pulled several tires out of the pulper. I don't think an adult body could be hidden in a bale, but body parts could easily be concealed.

Unless you can prove that the murder was committed elsewhere, the location where it was found get's charged with the crime...

Unless you can prove that the murder was committed elsewhere, the location where it was found get's charged with the crime...

Not that Sarge needs an Amen from the choir, but I know that's true.

When in college, I had a Sociology class under the Criminal Justice/Criminology professor. He was retired CID and after he got out he was a PI and polygrapher before he started a 3rd career as a college instructor. It was a great class and it took absolutely nothing to get him started telling stories about what he'd seen and done. Anyway, back in the '60's when he was in CID, there was a case on the very outskirts of Columbus, GA bordering both the county (this was before Muskogee County and City consolidated) and the Ft Benning Reservation that involved a body being found on, near or adjacent to a road that was on the edge of several jurisdictions. City PD, Army CID, County Sheriff, County Police, and Highway Patrol, all had some sort of jurisdiction on the road, the right of way or the property adjacent to the right of way on one side of the road or the other depending on exactly where the body was. Amazingly enough, the last ones to show up (the professor representing CID) ended up with the case.

Amazingly enough, the last ones to show up (the professor representing CID) ended up with the case.

Nothing amazing about it. Last one there always gets the honor of being the stuckee. With that many jurisdictions I am sure it was a right mess.

50-50 chance it isn't even a homicide. I had two skulls on the bookcase behind my desk when I supervised our Homicide Division. Both had been displays at a local medical school. When development really cranked up in our city, bones and skulls were unearthed frequently from old, unmarked burial plots.

But it is conclusively 100% accurate to say the owner of the skull is dead..... :D

But it is conclusively 100% accurate to say the owner of the skull is dead..... :D

Well, the original user of the skull is. The current owner might not be.

Archived