SASS Wire Forum

Sergio and Tiger battle it out

We were instructed by him, no autographs till the round was over. If he signed one he would have to sign them all.

Normal Pro Golfer gets a few requests.......not thousands

... there was only a hand full of folks there that day ;) He was an a%% to that kid.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Gunner its okay to admit that kid was you

No :lol: - the kid wasn't me. Never really was interested in Tiger's autograph anyway. As mentioned from our Junior golf days in SoCal. I remember coming off the 18th and up the tram at Industry Hills 1985...looking to my right I saw Tiger - he must've been 10-11 because the 11-under bracket tee'd off last and only played 9 holes then. Anyway, It was remarkable that he had a gallery the size he did. I remember saying to Tony Dupree "there's a flash in the pan"...boy was I WAYYYYYYY wrong :lol: .

Even with his melt down. He still went home with around $237,000 bucks.

Of course Tiger went home with around $1,700,000 bucks.

Cha-Ching. I remember that in 2008 or near abouts that Tiger had made $7 million on the course and with speaking engagements, appearances, and endorsements he pulled in a whopping $81 million for the year.... :blink: ....Oy! wish I would have stuck harder with my game :lol: ...well, at least I'd probably be makin' more than I am now :D

I love golf, but I have never taken the time to be really good. If I make the turn under 45 it's all good. But, it pains me to watch former fans deride a professional in any sport for their activities that have nothing to do with the sport. I buy NIKE because I think Tiger Woods is the best thing that has ever happened to the game.

It used to be a bunch of overweight old men. Now the field from top to bottom has to be in great shape. Not just to walk the course, but to consistently control 7 irons hit 225 yards dead to the pin. Tiger did that. Tiger ran the rest of them all to Senior golf. Heck, unless you were white, rich and born right you couldn't even walk in the parking lot at most clubs. Tiger changed that, too.

If he's playing then I want to watch. If he's not then I could care less if Sergio melts down. Sergio reminds me of the SASS shooter who protests the size of the spurs on his closest competitor. Is it wrong? No, but it ain't right either.

I love golf, but I have never taken the time to be really good. If I make the turn under 45 it's all good. But, it pains me to watch former fans deride a professional in any sport for their activities that have nothing to do with the sport. I buy NIKE because I think Tiger Woods is the best thing that has ever happened to the game.

It used to be a bunch of overweight old men. Now the field from top to bottom has to be in great shape. Not just to walk the course, but to consistently control 7 irons hit 225 yards dead to the pin. Tiger did that. Tiger ran the rest of them all to Senior golf. Heck, unless you were white, rich and born right you couldn't even walk in the parking lot at most clubs. Tiger changed that, too.

If he's playing then I want to watch. If he's not then I could care less if Sergio melts down. Sergio reminds me of the SASS shooter who protests the size of the spurs on his closest competitor. Is it wrong? No, but it ain't right either.

Glad he's a good fit for ya ;)

He's a winner and it's not a friggin' beauty contest.

He's a winner and it's not a friggin' beauty contest.

+1

It's not SASS. A friendly game.

And he is not there to make friends. He has those off the course.

He is there to kick there butt and take there money.

Does a good job at it.

+1

It's not SASS. A friendly game.

And he is not there to make friends. He has those off the course.

He is there to kick there butt and take there money.

Does a good job at it.

Like I said - I respect his record....his personality doesn't jive with me - with some of y'all it does and may be a good fit for your liking - good for y'all - you can have him. I know of winners in many other sports that are cordial to other players and good examples of human beings - I'll support them instead...and keep clear of the jerks - no matter how 'great' they are.

Goody for all of us B)

PS: not all the folks in SASS are friendly to each other either... :lol: kinda funny - I started a post saying Go Sergio and then all this anti-golf, anti-Sergio crap came up and I said nothing negative about Tiger in my OP - oh well, folks tend to get weird :wacko: I believe you were the first one who referred to him as a 'jerk' ...and if that's what you support all the power to ya :rolleyes:...but hey, I'll still posse with ya :)

Archived