SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Cooler Shirts question

Chisler Wood

Looking to buy a couple of the cowboy cooler shirts for the summer season.....Sounds good to me, but I have a question for those that use them.......ARe they slick?....I mean do you have isssues with long guns using them?........

Thanks..

CW

All my long guns have suede or rough leather over the butt plate, or a stock cover with suede or rough leather at the back. Highly recommended for whatever kind of shirt you're wearing. Yes, the cooler shirts are a little slicker, but a smooth metal butt plate when you're shooting "at speed" is just asking for a fumble.

FAT. :)

XXL

Order a size larger than you normally wear.

They are all I wear, year-around.

Based on my personal experience, the order a size larger thing was only in play when they first came out and were tapered at the waist.

Now I order XXL just as any other shirt I wear an XXL. They still dont have it figured out that us larger guys normally have larger necks too.

I don't find them slick.I love mine.

I have never had an issue with mine. I just need to get a few more so I have some variety of color :D

Based on my personal experience, the order a size larger thing was only in play when they first came out and were tapered at the waist.

Now I order XXL just as any other shirt I wear an XXL. They still dont have it figured out that us larger guys normally have larger necks too.

Just bought another. Would not make it through San Antonio summer so well with out them. Still need to go one size bigger. I wear XL for most clothers, for these shirts I order 2X (XXL) and collar just fits.

Now I have to ask you cowboys if these shirts are just cool to wear or do they actually keep you cooler. And if so, where would a cowboy buy one or two of these shirts.

HS

J. Hornady Dry Goods http://www.jhornaday.com/

Thanks so much to Mean Matt McCord for setting me up with some shirts. Ill be sure to "pay it forward"

Thank you sir !

CW

I like them in hot weather and no issues more then other shirts with slickness. I don't think the look is all that great, but when it's 90+ degrees out I am glad to have 'em and recommend them.

Bucky

Thanks so much to Mean Matt McCord for setting me up with some shirts. Ill be sure to "pay it forward"

Thank you sir !

CW

"Lean" Matt McCord is a heck of a cowboy. Glad to hear he was able to fix you up.

Bucky

A friend sent me this message about a free shipping offer:

Go to http://www.buyrevi.com/. When you checkout put Free Ship in the coupon code box. Only good until Tuesday.

Just ordered 2.Put the Free Ship in the coupon box.Said invalid code.Guess I get to pay $12.95 shipping.

Own three of them now and plan on getting more. For me they for true to size. I normally wear XL and the cooler cowboy XL shirt fits just right. As for cool, they're amazing. Once they get just a little damp with sweat they begin to work like an old swamp cooler. Any breeze that blows through really helps cool you down. The wicking action serves two purposes: 1- it spreads the moisture out so the cooling is more widespread; and 2- it keeps the sweat dampened shirt from sticking to you like cotton will. Try one, you'll be satisfied.

Just ordered 2.Put the Free Ship in the coupon box.Said invalid code.Guess I get to pay $12.95 shipping.

CW....please send me your name and order #. I'll refund the shipping. Also, just checked and Free Ship is functioning. Don't know what happened, but I'll make it right. Six String Jimmy ( sales@buyrevi.com)

That's Charlie whiskers not me Chisler Wood.

One more note, be sure to hydrate well when wearing in hot weather. The evaporative cooling works so well that many do not realize how much perspiration moisture they are losing since you do not get waterlogged fabric like you do when wearing a cotton shirt. Also, my recomendation for getting one size larger is primarily due to my thick neck (to hold up my thick head?). To get top button to fit I ned the extra size (nearly need two extra).

I wear the cooler shirts all year round. In cool weather an undershirt alllows them to retain heat. Often all I need is a vest to keep me warm. In warm and hot weather the fabric allows for quick evaporation. They dry very quickly. The only draw back I have found is I stink from dried sweat after a day in the heat.

CW....please send me your name and order #. I'll refund the shipping. Also, just checked and Free Ship is functioning. Don't know what happened, but I'll make it right. Six String Jimmy ( sales@buyrevi.com)

I got an email from JH just a few minutes ago.That's excellent customer service and I want to thank him as well as let everyone on here know he's an honest person to do business with.I'll definately be buying from him again.

I ordered somethngs today and the coupon code was not valid. According to post # 12 it should have been good today...oh well.

I ordered somethngs today and the coupon code was not valid. According to post # 12 it should have been good today...oh well.

+1 What's up with that? <_<

I ordered a shirt this evening; free shipping code went right through.

When I entered the Free Ship in the coupon code window and clicked continue it showed an error in the couple code....tried it a few times and it errored out each time.

J. Hornady is owned by 6 String Jimmy, an active CAS shooter. He's a top notch cowboy, an honest fella and tries hard to manufacture ALL his products in the USA. You couldn't find a better gent to deal with.....

+1 What's up with that? <_<

Grizzly Adams and Krazy Kajun....sent you PM's to remedy this. Not sure what happened, but will take care of the shipping refund.

Regards,

Six String Jimmy

Grizzly Adams and Krazy Kajun....sent you PM's to remedy this. Not sure what happened, but will take care of the shipping refund.

Regards,

Six String Jimmy

I received both of your PMs.....thank you for addressing this promptly. Great customer service Six String...thanks.

Kajun

Archived