SASS Wire Forum

Buffalo Stampede at Founders Ranch

I want to thank the Wild Bunch for an excellent match. I didn't see anyone that wasn't having a good time shooting very well written stages.

Posse 3 was a pleasure to shoot with. Never during the match did we need to look for someone to work, they were there and willing whenever you needed them.

The Wild Bunch made a couple very good decisions when they placed Pecos Clyde, in charge of the wild bunch stages, and T.A. Chance in charge of the cowboy stages.

If this was a precursor to EOT, then they better order a heard of White Buffalos, because there are going to be a bunch of clean matches.

Thanks again,

Johnny Meadows

That's really good to hear!! I'm looking forward to a really fun EOT!!!

TA Chance's stages were quite fun to shoot. I hope he changes little for EOT. Moving the match to May was a good move. April had snow squalls and lots juniper pollen. May has diminished pollen and much warmer weather. While we shot the Plainsman match during intermittent light rain, I could load and cap my revolvers under shelter and had no problems with misfires. Finally my wife came home beaming after winning Ladies Frontier Cartridge, the card splitting contest (a 3-way tie) and placing in cowboy 5-stand during her first attempt at that side match.

Here are some videos taken with my wife's iPad:

A most excellent shooter's match & the best I've had the pleasure to attend at Founder's Ranch.

Kudos to T.A. Chance who put together a match on the proven Border Town blueprint with just a tad more distance. EOT shooters will be in for a real pleasure.

We had three new shooters on our posse & they loved it. Johnny Meadows nailed it when he said they'd better order some more White Buffalo clean match awards because the only thing that might bite you is the thrill of speed. No "P" traps & minimal need for head scratching on the engagements. I heard only compliments on the match itself.

I believe that the Wild Bunch has taken a major turn for the better in letting TA Chance have absolutely free control of this match & I think they have a winning formula for the future. Please keep up the great work & many thanks for a great weekend.

Excellent Stages and target placement by T.A. Chance, he still has it when it comes to setting up a match. Great weather and the opportunity to meet lots of new cowboy shooter friends made for a great weekend of shooting. Gald I came this year while the shoot was small and personal cause I'm guessing when the word gets out it will be a bigger shoot next year.

Make plans to be there in 2014, you will not be disappointed.

The cowboy 5-Stand was a fun side match too.

All in all a great shoot.

Agree with all the above.

Stages were clearly written and explained, no procedure traps, props were created to easily stage and return firearms, targets big and close.

Heehaw!!!

Looking forward to EOT.

+6 :)

Yo Ruff Cobb are you and your better half coming to Railhead this year? Haven't heard from you in awhile?

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Archived