SASS Wire Forum

Illinois State SASS Championship and Wild Bunch Championship

The Illinois state SASS championship will start on Thursday with the State Wild Bunch Championship beginning at 2:00 pm we will shoot 5 stages that afternoon and 5 more the next morning starting at 8:00 am.

we will offer for the first time both junior boys and girls Wild Bunch divisions along with the normal adult categories and did I mention juniors shoot FREE!!

Wild Bunch awards and the first main match party on Friday night with a live band.

Then get you some rest cause Bob N Weeve has some FAST! Run-N-Gun, In Yo FACE stages set up for the Main Match to be shot on Saturday and Sunday .

Check out the details , Schedule of events and entry forms here http://www.kaskaskiacowboys.com/state.html

Hope to see ya there its gonna be Grrrreat!!!!

Yea, get plenty of rest after the first 5 stages of the Illinois State Wild Bunch Championship, shot on Thursday afternoon, June 13. Mose has some great stages for that. Starting Friday morning, there will be 5 more great stages. Friday will also begin the 3 days of the Illinois State SASS match with 2 separate 3 stage practice matches at 10 am and 2 pm, along with all the side matches! Friday night will be filled with food, Wild Bunch Awards and a great band.

We will shoot 5 main stages Saturday, with our banquet Saturday night that will include side match awards and our costume contest awards. Sunday will start off with a Cowboy Church followed by 5 more stages and awards to follow.

What a great event the Kaskaskia Cowboys are putting on! Y'all come, you hear!

After having to miss last year, I am definitely scheduled for this year. I can't wait to see you all again. I will be choking up whatever posse I'm on as a purveyor of the holy black, much to their pleasure I'm sure.

We sure look forward to seeing all of you. Rev, you aren't the only one that will be providing lots of smoke. Lots of great BP shooters already signed up!

This is a great match and it's hosted by some fine folks. I'd love to be there but other obligations prevent it.

Y'all saddle up and join the fun!! I'm thinkin' 'bout ya's

Rev. Willie, you will have to check out the new "Happy Trails Church" stage at Sparta. It is complete with a podium, stained glass windows, and working bell tower.

It will be good to have you back on the range at the WSRC.

Rev. Willie, you will have to check out the new "Happy Trails Church" stage at Sparta. It is complete with a podium, stained glass windows, and working bell tower.

It will be good to have you back on the range at the WSRC.

That's what I hear! Someone showed me pictures and looks great too! I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Getting more apps in the mail each day. If you haven't sent yours in yet, be sure to notice that the banquet dinner is not included this year. Also, if you have a junior (buckaroo/buckarette or young gun guy or gal that is interested in shooting the Wild Bunch, we are making a jr. category for them. They must meet the power factor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW! All I can say is WOW! What a great shoot. The stages were...WOW!. The food was.....WOW! The Shooter's were......WOW! The weather was........(Yep) WOW! Just as the Awards Cermeony ended it started raining......but, not a drop while we were shooting.....WOW! Duke Skywalker and Two Sons...Well, they were....WOW! too, cuz they were the Overall Top Guns. Congratulations!!!

So, I gotta say to all the Cowboys and Cowgirls who worked their SPURS off putting on this shoot!......WOW!...and.....THANK YOU!!! for a Great Weekend!!!

Knob Creek Drover

P.S. - Posse 10...............ROCKED!!!

Agree with everything that Knob Creek Drover had to say...Posse 10 did rock..

Great shootin' with ya agin'..

Also..

Congratulations to Cowboy Carty "High overall Mens Illinois State Champion"

Congratulations to Turkey Legs "High overall Ladies Illinois State Champion"

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I'll be back next year :)

Thanks to all of the Kaskaskia Cowboys for their hard work in building those awesome stages, especially the new church! Thanks too for putting on a great State shoot. I know it is a thankless job and there is a lot of work and probably more grief than thanks. Posse 5 rocked! Phiren Smoke was our fearless leader but he never had to ask anybody to do anything. We just did it! Everybody worked hard and no fussing. We had such a great time. I am SO glad we are back after 3 years. Thanks too to the vendors and all that donated prizes and their valuable time.

Thanks again to all of the KC!

Mean Mary and Hairless

The stages for both State Championships (W.B. Championship and SASS State Championship) were slightly different (which I, personally like to see) but very doable and fun; enjoyed shooting each and every one of the stages.

Great decision on shooting two extra stages on Saturday to beat the rain coming in on Sunday; it worked!

The folks down in Sparta did everything they could to make the shooters welcome from feeding us (for three days), providing great entertainment, great stages and props and a lot of water and ice all along the shooting bays as well as some nice door prizes too.

Just can't say enough about how hard everybody down in Sparta worked to put on a really classy shoot and also how everybody made us out-of-towners feel really welcome.

Posse 10 was a pleasure to shoot with; everyone was working, talking and laughing the entire shoot. We had a lot of folks going up for awards from our posse but the important thing was that I think everybody had a great, fun time, plus, we did a lot of shooting too!

Hope to see all 'ya all again soon!

Archived